Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

i love me some target!

I've been to 5 targets, twice, in the past 3 days.

stalking the toys. stalking the toys. stalking the toys. stalking the toys.

Then today, we walked into one, and the summer stuff was 50% off. 30 minutes later after looking through toys, we went back and it was 75% off.

we got so much stuff.

I spent $123, and saved $197! that was toys AND summer clearance. w00t w00t

me some target clearance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: i love me some target!

Wait, so the toys were not 75% off when you got there but then they were a few minutes later when you checked again?

I just went to Target when they opened and things are still 30% with some 50%. There are some things I'll go back for if they hit 75% but not before.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Wait, so the toys were not 75% off when you got there but then they were a few minutes later when you checked again?

I just went to Target when they opened and things are still 30% with some 50%. There are some things I'll go back for if they hit 75% but not before.
    SUMMER toys were. (in the summer aisle) Chalk for 32˘, balls for 99˘

I buy toys at 50% off. I can't wait for the toys i want to hit 75% off. They won't be there anymore. lol.

I need to go and make the rounds today too, but i have all 3 kids. Not. going. to happen. I guess i'll go tomorrow.

When to two targets over the weekend. The summer clearance was 50% off on saturday but scan at 75% off at the price scanners. On sunday nothing was left except for the Crayola® washable sidewalk crayon color blenders on summer clearance. The rest of the Crayola sidewalk chalk are not marked down.

no clearance toys in those we went to. we went there to buy other stuff so not a wasted trip.

Our summer toys were marked at 50% off yesterday. There wasn't much left, but DD saw this wind up duck for the pool that was going to be $1.50 (orig. $2.99). When we went to check out it was only 43 cents! So we went back to the section and got 2 sets of sand molds as well.
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

The summer stuff was 50% off, we did get 2 mini bubbles for $.99 each, and I found 2 cute fisher price games at 50% off and got them because I really wanted them. The rest of the stuff I want I could take it or leave it. I only want them if they are still there when they go to 75% off.

The things I want the most are not on clearnace at all, the leapesters or leapster games.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

I'll take pics of my loot when the kids go to bed. The back of my van is PACKED. it's nuts.

I forgot to look at toys! I went to 2 Targets today looking for a specific t shirt for Matthew. I got a bunch of shoes for 3 and 4 and 5 dollars at one of the Targets. The other didn't have much on clearance.

Also found the Marathon Classic. I've never seen a MA labeled as that before. They also had a couple of RA 50s again - on clearance for 159.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Horrible pics, but you get the point. Tons. of. stuff.

Senior Community Member

What are those things in the middle?

Our Targets DO NOT do this, I swear. I have seen things at maybe 15-20% off, that's it. They have returns where pieces are missing and will charge full price, and won't budge

that would be chalk. for 32˘ each.

13. Thank You from:

I've gone to Target every day this week so far and it's still at 30 and 50% I got a chuck truck race thing yesterday for $11.88 and got one again today for $8.48 and took the first back. If they still have them when they hit 75% I'll get one for $4 and take the $8 one back. There are still some other things I'm watching that I'll get if they are still there when they drop. Some Barbie stuff, Playmobile stuff, games, those balls with handles that you sit on and bounce on, etc.
    Mom to:

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Hmmmm...I gotta get to Target! I need some chalk. Last time I went (yesterday) it was all 30% off. Not good enough for me.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Hehehe, I found my excuse to go...it's probably a good thing Target is over 40mi away.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    those balls with handles that you sit on and bounce on, etc.
    Hoppity balls. We got one at $7 for my son's birthday next Tuesday.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    Hoppity balls. We got one at $7 for my son's birthday next Tuesday.
    Jessica got one for her birthday... both kids love it, but Tyler can't quite do it right. He just carries it around and jumps. Looks so funny!
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

I have read on a few sites that the toys hit 75% off on the last Thursday in July. So we headed to Target this morning, got there 5 minutes after they opened. It was packed! Tons of ladies running around with full shopping carts! I got a bunch of stuff and spent $47, I went to 2 Targets.
    At the 2nd Target there was this guy with 3 overflowing carts! He had been there since 20 minutes before they opened (this was the 2nd store so it was about an hour after they opened). He got on his phone a lot and talked to someone about a bunch of stuff he was finding. I heard him talking about these Thomas train sets and saying he was going to go ahead and get 8 of them. I wonder if he was getting them for donations for Toys for Tots or something. He started checking out right behind me, I wanted to stay to see what his total ended up being but I didn't.
    Mom to:

Thomas? Clearance??

MUST go to Target! DS's birthday is next week and his most favorite thing in the world is Thomas!

If only I'd have known this morning, we could have gone. Now I have to wait until after dinner, and I'll have the kids with me. Boo.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

I'm stuck at work but my bff is a teacher and we already knew that the last Thursday in July was 75% off day...so she's been making the rounds since this morning, calling me every 15 minutes. LOL

Those with girls with 18" dolls, keep your eyes out for the $20 sets of shoes/shoe rack and the bathtub with accessories sets for $5. (Our Generation brand, AG knockoff.)
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

i'm staying OUT of target.

My closets/dh/sanity will thank me:

I have more thats not even in there. Sigh.

lol.