I've ordered the Side-Rider for our MA but

Suzibeck

It says it is back ordered until 01/01/1900. :p That would be interesting. I sure hope that doesn't mean it is no longer available. My dd was upset that I returned the Generations because it had a cup holder and her MA doesn't have one. I guess we will see what happens and she will have to hold her own cup for a while longer.

ADS

CAEKWILSON

It says it is back ordered until 01/01/1900. :p That would be interesting. I sure hope that doesn't mean it is no longer available. My dd was upset that I returned the Generations because it had a cup holder and her MA doesn't have one. I guess we will see what happens and she will have to hold her own cup for a while longer.

what kind of cup do you use, that wouldnt be considered a projectile?
i wont let my dd use a cup in the car, but i am sure they would be happy if they had one!
thanks

Suzibeck

Actually, most of the time now, we use cheap water bottles, like what you get buying water at the gas station. When they are full, I suppose they would hurt making contact, but they don't stay full for long, my kids drink lots of water. I confess to using sippy cups when the dc were younger however. We have a van that has no way to secure things. I put groceries behind the 3rd row seat, but they could become projectiles too. There are cargo hooks back there, but they are not rated for holding things in a crash. There is no way I can eliminate all projectiles. I've toyed with the idea of putting a storage box in the back and hooking it to the cargo ties but I don't have any assurage they would hold in the event of a crash.

Suzibeck

Oh dear. I certainly hope your covered wagon has LATCH.

Oh yes! We have the most modern covered wagon avaiable, only the best! ROFLOL!

What am I saying? LATCH? What is that? Just kidding, but we drive two 1997 vehciles with no newer one in sight.

trailrunnermom

I confess to using sippy cups when the dc were younger however.

We use sippy cups, too...although I may have to re-think it. Shortly after this picture was taken yesterday, the orange sippy was used as a projectile by the adorable child in the photo, and hit me (as I was driving) right on the shoulderblade somehow. OUCH. I know now that sippy cups can hurt. :p

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/trailrunnermom/?action=view&current=000_0238.jpg
(Disclaimer: He doesn't ride in the Scenera, except for the one time yesterday; this was just to take a photo for size comparison in different seats. Normally my great-niece rides in the Scenera RF.)

The child in question, after wailing even more because I wouldn't return the sippy cup to him, fell asleep about 3 minutes later. For 13 hours. :) (This is why I put him in his jammies *before* we pick up big sis at H.S. track practice at 6 pm.) :)
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/trailrunnermom/?action=view&current=000_0244.jpg

Jewels

Senior Community Member
We use sippy cups, too...although I may have to re-think it. Shortly after this picture was taken yesterday, the orange sippy was used as a projectile by the adorable child in the photo, and hit me (as I was driving) right on the shoulderblade somehow. OUCH. I know now that sippy cups can hurt. :p

OUCH! I imagine that would hurt.

We allow sippy cups in the car and we have a side rider. I haven't been using the side rider but I figured there wasn't much of a difference if I used that or his cup just sat beside him, I also like the side rider for his books (usually soft cover ones). My only concern on the side rider is it clasps on so tight I am worried it might wreck the seat cover :confused: I am wondering if two safety pins might be better :confused:

broken4u05

I couldn't fit cupholders if i wanted to lol. With 3 across no cupholders here. But i dont want think drinking in my car anyway so i dont care

arly1983

I couldn't fit cupholders if i wanted to lol. With 3 across no cupholders here. But i dont want think drinking in my car anyway so i dont care

So true. Jackson threw a cup in floorboard one time. At our destination, I picked up the "spill proof" cup and didn't think anymore about it. About 3 days later, we drove somewhere again. There was a horrific smell. I couldn't see anything anywhere. Once I lifted up the floor mats where his cup had fallen I saw IT. There were maggots under my floor mat where milk had leaked out of the cup:eek: :eek: Not a fun experience.

Suzibeck

Ok, you gals have me really glad we are too old for sippy cups now! I generally do not allow food or anything other than water in the car. We do break the rules on long, cross country drives however. I am not one who cleans stuff, so if my kids ate in the car, it would be really gross in there.

trailrunnermom, I hope your shoulder feels better. You gotta watch out for those tired kiddo's, they can be downright dangerous! :D

tjham

OUCH! I imagine that would hurt.

We allow sippy cups in the car and we have a side rider. I haven't been using the side rider but I figured there wasn't much of a difference if I used that or his cup just sat beside him, I also like the side rider for his books (usually soft cover ones). My only concern on the side rider is it clasps on so tight I am worried it might wreck the seat cover :confused: I am wondering if two safety pins might be better :confused:

Yes, that's how I do it! I use diaper pins so a child can't undo them and also pin them horizontally UNDER the cover so just the two thin lines of metal shows. Then I clip the SideRider to the metal. Looks nice and saves the fabric!

Last edited:

broken4u05

So true. Jackson threw a cup in floorboard one time. At our destination, I picked up the "spill proof" cup and didn't think anymore about it. About 3 days later, we drove somewhere again. There was a horrific smell. I couldn't see anything anywhere. Once I lifted up the floor mats where his cup had fallen I saw IT. There were maggots under my floor mat where milk had leaked out of the cup:eek: :eek: Not a fun experience.

EWWW yup that is one reason i hate it. one time i was with my 3 godchildren and their mom. and we went somewhere after church and went to the drive through thing and i never let the kids eat in my car i always wait till we get somewhere or give them something that they can not make a mess of. Well the mom got the food and gave it all to them. The milk, fries, nuggets and cheeseburgers before i could say anything and i was picking cheeseburger and fries from my car for weeks

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yes, that's how I do it! I use diaper pins so a child can't undo them and also pin them UNDER the cover so just the two thin lines of metal shows. Then I clip the SideRider to the metal. Looks nice and saves the fabric!

That is a great idea! I'll have to get some safety pins and try that out :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC