Sunshine Kids (Radian)VERY POOR customer service

U

Unregistered

Anyone else have bad experiences with Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products customer service?

I have been waiting for a promised replacement seat cover (one of the flimsy plastic snaps broke apart when I removed the cover the first time out of the box) since April.

I have been dealing with the same customer service person (C.N.) and have had three e-mail exchanges with her and a phone call that I made. She has promised to follow up with a phone call after each exchange and time goes by and nothing.

I called and got a different person as the one I had been dealing with was out of the office, but she told me the one originally "helping" me would need to follow up on the issue and she would have her call me.

No call.

I have a feeling they probably have just a few customer service reps.

Anyone else have bad experiences with Sunshine Kids? I can't recollect where, but I think I saw another posting of a bad experience a few months back, before I even bought their seat, but I figured it was an isolated event. I'm seriously considering returning our Radian car seat (still within the return time period) because I don't want to reward them with my business if this is how they treat their customers.

I'm about to contact the CEO.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
From what I have seen, there are far more good than bad experiences. The bad thing is most that have the good ones don't tell. I just happened to know a few. People with bad always tell.

I would email, or call, daily. I would have started that in June though, so start tomorrow.

mommyfrog

Good experience here!! I got a seat with no shoulder strap or d-ring. I emailed and got both very quickly. Now if I could just find the stinking d-ring they sent me. I know I put it somewhere safe so I could tether in my sister's van and of course it was too safe a place so I can't find it!!

aeormsby

Definitely keep calling. I'd ask for a manager next time you call probably, no matter if you get the person you've been dealing with or someone else.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I just spoke with customer service on Friday and she was very nice and helpful.

menfusse

I had good experiences too. I had a damaged boot. They replaced it no questions asked, and it was on my door step within a week. I also had to request the belly pad that was missing from my box originally. Only took it a few days to get to me.

I would call everyday and simply ask to speak to a manager. Sounds like you got a bad rep. I think every company has a few in their arsenal.

AtTheSouthDam

I have good experience with cover replacement (snap went and the cover tore) and getting D-ring whne my knew seat didn't have one. I have no compliants here. Sorry you are having such trouble :(

Blondie87

I have gotten a cover for free from them before, not as a replacement or anything, just cuz. And I also bought a cover once from them that for some reason didn't have the safestop tag holder thing, and they sent me another one, and let me keep both. They were very quick about it too. It's weird you've been having problems.... I've never heard anything but great things about their CS.

StillThankful

I have gotten a cover for free from them before, not as a replacement or anything, just cuz. .

Do tell:)

As for me, I had a negative experience that turned into a good one--I ordered a free older boot to get a more upright incline. Waited for a month, then called back--someone else helped me and located my email. She wasn't sure why it hadn't shipped. She ended up shipping it to me the an email confirmation:) I just think it's who you end up getting to assist you.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Good experience here too. a piece of foam broke off of the head wing on our brand new XT and they sent a replacement seat immediately along with a UPS label so that we could send the other one back to them.

Cryssy Jane

If you have an issue, I find talking to Susan to be the most helpful. I've had 5 different radians who have all had their minor issues. She's been the only customer service agent I've talked to who will directly ask you for pictures and get down to the root of the problem to figure out how to fix it.
susan.barnard@skjp.com I have a local (washington state) number for her with her extension as well

kristy121

I had an issue getting a replacment cover - the threads were all coming out, I called in and was told she would ship one out, a month later I called again and it hadnt shipped so she did send it then but not until after a few calls.

When we had our accident I called in for a photocopy of the manuals replacment policy to bring to icbc, I never saw that either but didnt end up needing it.

U

Unregistered

UPDATE: Sunshine Kids (Radian)VERY POOR customer service

I e-mailed the president of the company and he e-mailed back saying that sadly and with apologies, they HAD dropped the ball, and my cover was sent that day. So, it's on its way along with some freebies they added for the inconvenience. I'm happy to report they have redeemed themselves.

Lea_Ontario

Bad experience here - Russ stopped replying to emails from me, when I was attempting to figure out an installation issue with a Radian in my '98 Grand Am.

One that a multitude of techs could NOT do.

mayamac

I did not receive a responce to the e-mail I sent about not being able to keep a tight install with my 80SL, (DD is able to unbuckle with her foot or loosen the SL with her foot, But from here I learned to turn the buckle inwards so her foot can't unbuckle the seat belt)

But they did help me twice, once with a broken chest clip and second to identify a broken piece that I found floating around in my car- very helpful with this one.

armywife12

Had a great experience with them. Applied for the crash exchange thing after my XTSL was in a crash. They called to hear my story because the pictures didn't look that bad. The accident didn't technically meet their requirements for an exchange and she probably could have said that the seat was still fine to use but they sent me out a new XTSL right away anyways and I didn't have to go through the hassle of sending back my crashed seat. They said I did so I packed it all up but never recieved the shipping info from them.

chelsey

minus from me.
I did not receive a response to the e-mail I sent about problems with the seat(the top part is dented in).I was waiting and waiting and didn't know if it was safe to use the seat or not-finally I called today and when I asked about the seat, the person that I spoke to was like-OH yeah I got your pictures and it's safe to use the seat-well why didn't she call me or e mailed me???for me it was like they totally don't care about their customers -she could call me few days ago and let me know that it's ok to use the seat and that would safe me a lot of nerves:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

apsupermom

minus from me.
I did not receive a response to the e-mail I sent about problems with the seat(the top part is dented in).I was waiting and waiting and didn't know if it was safe to use the seat or not-finally I called today and when I asked about the seat, the person that I spoke to was like-OH yeah I got your pictures and it's safe to use the seat-well why didn't she call me or e mailed me???for me it was like they totally don't care about their customers -she could call me few days ago and let me know that it's ok to use the seat and that would safe me a lot of nerves:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So that is two of us with dents that they say don't make the seat unsafe??

hummmmm....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC