Help for a friend needing 2 seats

Joyofbirth

My friend is in IL and I'm in TX. She was in an accident today and needs to replace her 2 boys' carseats. She has 96 Buick Regal. Her ds1 is going to 4 in October, weighs 32lbs and is 38inches tall. Her ds2 is is 5 months old and about 15-16 lbs. She is going through insurance and wants to get the best seats she can at a reasonable price. (her words) So what would you recommend? She needs to go ASAP to get new seats, so she will need recs in the morning. I have some thoughts, but I'm curious to see what other (wiser) people here think. Thanks.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
3 year old:

Frontier
Nauti
ProSport

Or rear facing?

5 m old:
convertible, radian, true fit, myride

What does she have now?

Joyofbirth

I think the 4 year old is in an older 40 lb Evenflo Triumph (I could be off here) and her baby is in an infant seat. She actually mentioned getting a high back booster for her oldest. But i will address that. Thanks. I had similar thoughts.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If budget is a major issue, I might go Maestro/MyRide. If she's willing to RF the 3.5yo, maybe a CA, but if she's talking about boostering him then I'm guessing RF is not an option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC