RF in a truck

pj2rc

I know RF is best. But I recently ran across some comments on other posts that ERF in trucks without a tether, may cause increased risk of hitting the glass. Is there a video anywhere showing the rebound on ERF ... and any additional info on the risk?

ADS

aeormsby

We have a truck and DS is RF in an Uptown (no RF tether) and I'm not too worried about it. I haven't tested the rebound to see if his head would hit the headrest or the window, but I still feel comfortable with the set up (I could rearrange seats so he had a MA RF in the truck, but the seat set up we have right now makes more sense).

all together ooky

I would think it matters what carseat your are using. The higher it sits off the seat the greater the chance of rebound into the glass. And how tall your child is. If it's a baby I wouldn't be too worried about it (They'll probably hit the back of the vehicle seat). If it's a 3 year-old I'd personally want a tether or rebound bar. BUT, and it's a big BUT, it's still safer to rear-face even without a tether or rebound bar. Remember, the rebound doesn't have as much force behind it as the initial impact.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC