Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: RF in a truck

RF in a truck

I know RF is best. But I recently ran across some comments on other posts that ERF in trucks without a tether, may cause increased risk of hitting the glass. Is there a video anywhere showing the rebound on ERF ... and any additional info on the risk?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Re: RF in a truck

We have a truck and DS is RF in an Uptown (no RF tether) and I'm not too worried about it. I haven't tested the rebound to see if his head would hit the headrest or the window, but I still feel comfortable with the set up (I could rearrange seats so he had a MA RF in the truck, but the seat set up we have right now makes more sense).
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Re: RF in a truck

I would think it matters what carseat your are using. The higher it sits off the seat the greater the chance of rebound into the glass. And how tall your child is. If it's a baby I wouldn't be too worried about it (They'll probably hit the back of the vehicle seat). If it's a 3 year-old I'd personally want a tether or rebound bar. BUT, and it's a big BUT, it's still safer to rear-face even without a tether or rebound bar. Remember, the rebound doesn't have as much force behind it as the initial impact.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012