Do you use harness covers?

cookie123

Just noticing today that some use and some don't. I personally think they just get in the way. The kids just take them off anyway and they get lost. That is if they don't have to be threaded on, of course.

ADS

Mae

I prefer them on girls because of the tiny straps they can have on some shirts. Boys? I can always pull their shirt collar to come between the straps and their neck.

menfusse

Well, I always did before E expressed a preference. She hated the ones on the MR though, so we didn't use those. We use the ones on the GN. She doesn't complain about them. The belly pad is a must for us because of her button.

Suzibeck

I find they get in the way so I only use them in the summer, when thinner shirts or tank tops allow the straps to cut in too much. The rest of the time I take them off and tuck them into the pocket on the seat in front of the car seat so they don't get lost.

jess71903

Ambassador
I use them with DD on the MyRide, but not with DS on the Radian. They just kept getting turned over and getting in the way.

TerisBoys

Ryan's the only kid of mine that's had a seat with strap covers - and he can't stand them. Or HUGS - which lead to the re-homing of his Marathon.

glockchick

I always use them. My kids don't know they're optional. ;)

I have a thing about doing things just right. While I know that not using them doesn't mean I'm doing it wrong, it's just some of my crazy peeking through. :whistle:

MANDY1234

I let the kids decide...Personaly I hate them!! They get in my way. Right now the RN has them, the Regant has them, but the MR65 covers are MIA lolMaybe they are under the seat...

NannyMom

I think I used them last summer. I take them off in the winter because I don't like the added bulk with winter jackets. I tried to put Sofi's on this spring, and she took them off. With BabyS I haven't liked them yet because of the fit on her shoulders. J has always taken them off.

zactayaus

I generally don't like harness covers. They tend to get in the way, but with that being said, we are using the covers on 3 of our 4 harnessed seats that we use regularly. I had initially took them off of DS2's GN but he complained about the harness hurting his neck, so back on they went. He does not use them on his Frontier. I also initially took them off of both of our MA's and just recently put the harness pads back on them after noticing some pretty bad red marks on DS3's neck. So, I still don't particularly care for them but I guess they have they're place.:rolleyes:

Angela

I've actually only had 2 seats that came with them and have used them on both. The Signo, he probably could've cared less, but his FR85, he 'requires' them. The straps cut into his neck really bad. He actually always adjusts them himself as soon as he gets in. The belly pads though, never even get put on. They just get in the way with us.

jaded

I've attempted too, but the kids are apparently offended by them or something, and they end up un-velcroed and on the floor of the vehicle within minutes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC