Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Got our new Parkways!

I've been going back and forth for a long time trying to decide on a new booster for my 7yr old, he was outgrowing his Graco high back. We really liked the Probooster but after seeing some pics it didn't look like it would last him long enough so we decided on the Parkway. It was also the only booster he liked because it's similar to his Graco but better head wings for sleeping and more padding. We got a really good deal from diapers.com, or so I think, $155 for two. So I got my 5yr old one too. How do they look? I think they look nice with our Radian.

7yrs old and varies between 49-51lbs and 49.25in

Do you think I should move the headrest down one or good this way?

He likes that this gives him more leg support than his Graco

Here is my 5yr old, he is very excited to move to a booster, thinks he's a big kid now. He is very particular about everything, especially safety so I think he'll do great in it but of course if he doesn't he'll go back to his Nautilus. He weighed in at 41lbs clothed this afternoon

I also flipped the radian back around for my 2yr 10mo old, I don't know if anyone will remember but we had major issues with him kicking his brothers in the face and not listening when we told him not to so it was becoming a safety issue for everyone, after trying all the tips from people here we decided we had to flip him FF. But he's much better now, it's been a few months, so we are putting him back RF, wish us luck! lol
    Landon 11, 65lbs in AMP
    Casen 9, 61lbs in AMP
    Hayden 6, 42lbs in Probooster
    Preston 3yrs, 28lbs, RF in MySize70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Got our new Parkways!

The more pics of the Parkway i see the more i it! It looks like a great fit on both kids! I just wish my tiny DS would eat something so that he could use one.... but that's just wishful thinking he's still fluctuating around the 35lb mark.... Ah well.... maybe I'll keep him harnessed until he hits 40 and THEN buy one
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I'd move the headrest down for the 5 yo.

Other than that, they look good. and my 18 mo just started the kicking thing.

Carseat Crazy

I hope you can get him to stop! It was awful with Hayden, nothing worked I hated we had to turn him FF really hoping this time he does fine. I put him in the seat today to measure for where I needed to have the harness and he was really excited about being RF again so that's a good sign.

That's actually the lowest the headrest goes on my 5yr old, pretty sure at least, I'll have to double check. If it doesn't go lower do you think it's still a good fit or he's too short?
    Landon 11, 65lbs in AMP
    Casen 9, 61lbs in AMP

It will go down another click possibly 2 for your 5yo. I just ran to check mine and it goes down so the head rest is resting on the top portion of the seat back. (sorry it's the only way I could think to describe that.)

Anyways, when did Britax change the sg on the pkwy? Mine is grey.

Carseat Crazy

Hmmm must have been how it was sitting against the seat when we were trying it earlier it didn't feel like it would go down more, if that's the case I'll move it down before he rides again, thanks! I wasn't expecting it that color either, it's not that color on the pic online. Ours was made March 2010
    Landon 11, 65lbs in AMP
    Casen 9, 61lbs in AMP

Well then it was switched between January and March of 2010 then because my second one was made in Jan 10' and still has the grey sg clip.