Mercedes C230 Kompressor car seat install issues

aisraeltax

i tried to put 2 different car seats in my husband's car today. he wanted to take his car to the dealership and wanted to take our 4 year old with him. We have an extra My Ride so i tried that. Im my car, our kids are rear facing, but my son never rides in his car, and at this age, i didnt have a problem with him riding FF'ing. So, i tried installing the MR FF'ing...didnt work. way too loose. I tried installing it RF'ing (my son is 38 lbs.). Didnt work either....way too loose.

I then took his Radian XTSL and took the boot off and tried that FF'ing. Didnt work for same reason. Same deal RF'ing.

this car is weird in that the lower latch has these latch that come far out from the seat. i am wondering (but didnt try) if the seat belt would work, but i prefer to use the latch.

has anyone successfully used latch in this car? its an odd car and this may be the reason for me to have him trade it in.

thanks!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I would not consider a car incompatible with carseats without trying a seatbelt install. The MyRide almost always installs well with vehicle belts.

jess71903

Ambassador
I agree. I have a MyRide and a Radian. I haven't even taken the LATCH clips off on the MyRide, and even though it is in a LATCH position, I much prefer the install of the Radian with the seatbelt in my car. Definitely give it a try.

aisraeltax

i know that a seatbelt install is just as safe as latch, but i really like using latch. im just wondering if anyone has installed a car seat in this car w/ latch before.

if not, ill go for the seat belt, but i prefer not to.

it was rare that he needed to take one of the kids and his car. usually we always use my car, b/c well..its just safer.

aisraeltax

tried the My Ride in his car w/ the seat belt. could not get a good install. the thing was all over the place. :(
any other ideas?

aisraeltax

i can do that later today. basically the bottom of the automobile seat comes up from the back of the seat. in order for the My Ride to sit nicely on the seat, the back of the MR has to be pretty far from the back of the automobile seat. then, when i attempt to install it with teh seat belt, it pulls the seat back in order to be tight, which then looks really screwed up.

i dont mind that our kids dont ride in this car, if ever. im just hoping that i can get one seat in it so dh can take the 4 year old with him on a quick trip instead of having to use my car (i get good gas mileage but he gets better mileage).

just such a PITA car. the seats are really really strange. :(

will try to post pix later.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC