Question WWYD - need a second seat in my car- harnessed booster or convertable

eilarie

Hi,

I am looking for a second seat for my car and am torn between getting a harnessed booster for my older son or getting an inexpensive convertible now and a high back booster in a few years.

My older son is a very active 4.2yo and 34 pounds. I need to keep him harnessed for at least another year maybe longer. I also have a 14 month old who sometimes rides in my car. (We have an odyssey as the primary vehicle.) The 4yo currently uses a decathlon and the baby, who was in the snug ride, hasn't been in my car for several weeks now.

So my dilemma is do I get the harnessed booster for the 4yo and be done. Or get a convertible seat now for the baby and in a few years get a high back booster for the 4yo.
I am torn because the harnessed booster seems so large and I could possibly find a radian and still have some room in my back seat for groceries or whatever.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Eileen

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'd look at the Maestro for your 4yo and pass the Decathalon to the baby. The Maestro is at Sears for about $80 or less.

eilarie

I am not exactly sure. He is 42 inches tall and since the manufacture states a 49inch height limit I figured that I was good with him in that seat for 1-2 more years.

Or I could get a harnessed booster or radian and pass the blvd on to the 1yr.

Does his height make a difference?

glockchick

His shoulders must be below the top harness setting and the tops of his ears must be below the seat shell.

If either of those happens, the seat is outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC