ISO pics of kids sleeping comfortably in GN

ADS

TerisBoys

My turns-to-rubber-when-he-sleeps little guy had no issues with head slump in it. It was installed in recline mode, and the vehicle seats had a bit of natural recline to them.

FunSpot047.jpg

Mae

3 years old. Yes, the chest clip is low in the first one. For lurkers -- the chest clip should always be in line with the armpits. Grandma put him in. ;)

43374eec-1.jpg

9c875318-1-1.jpg

5e38261a-1.jpg

Now, with those three pictures, there are also my fair share of pictures of him in the GN where he has head slump. ;) ETA- Ok, so I blocked his face, but I promise, he really is sleeping in all three pictures.

TerisBoys

I think a lot depends on where the head hits the wings, too. Even in these 'no-slump' shots - the ones with the headrest higher makes them appear a little slumped.

I squeezed out every last hair of harness height for Ryan before moving him up.

Mae

Yeah, in my pictures he was in that awkward stage of, "Alright. The harness needs to go up a notch, but now it looks silly because the head rest isn't surrounding your head..."

Mags462

I think the head slump issue comes from the child's proportions.... my 4.5yr old has never had head slump.... my almost 3yr old who likes to "ride" in it in the living room when i clean it has horrid head slump. It seems that my 4yr old's neck is longer, so the back of his head is well past the bottom of the headrest. My other son when everything is adjusted right has slump because the middle of his head hits the bottom of the headrest. He looks downright uncomfie. He has a short neck... heck he's short in general ;)

Just a thought on what may be causing it.... maybe recline the seat and your seat back a little and see if that helps. I don't have pics of my DS sleeping in it because he rarely sleeps in the car.

BudgieStew

DS rarely sleeps in the car anymore since we got the GN so I can't tell you if this was a fluke that there was no head slump.
DD has used the GN a few times and the head slump is horrible.

Last edited:

cmm7

I think a lot depends on where the head hits the wings, too. Even in these 'no-slump' shots - the ones with the headrest higher makes them appear a little slumped.

I squeezed out every last hair of harness height for Ryan before moving him up.

See, in my car I noticed the opposite. C had really bad head slump and was a tiny bit below the slots, so I moved it up to be safe and it stopped.

BabyKaykes

Both of these were taken last summer:

18mths, bottom slots
82809012.jpg

3yrs, 3rd slots...i think...they could be the 2nd slots
82809013.jpg

monzogary

Senior Community Member
My youngest had terrible head slump after we first got the GN, but now she sleeps just fine in it.

glockchick

Awww. I love the pic with his elbow on his knee. So cute!

I appears we're going to the inlaws today so maybe the girls will fall asleep and can try again. I guess I does of Benadryl before we leave their house wouldn't be nice.... :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC