Hyundai Elantra Touring?

Aurezalia

Anybody know anything about this car? I'm looking to upgrade from my current car (A 2004 Hyundai Elantra SEDAN) and my interest has been piqued by this vehicle. Unfortunately, it's well out of my price range - I'm looking for something under $10,000, absolutely no higher, but I love everything about it. It gets awesome gas mileage, the backseat looks nice and roomy, it's a Hyundai so the Radian should install well, and it has a nice big cargo area (I have a Labrador), and Hyundais have been very reliable for me.
Anybody know of any other vehicles that meet all of these requirements, but are closer to my price range? I don't want to get too much older than a 2003, really, which does narrow things down.
I've been looking at the Mazda5, which I know a lot of people on here love, but unfortunately living in southern AZ I NEED rear air, which isn't offered until 2008, which again I can't afford. Help, please!

ADS

rosey2007

I have a 2007 Hyundai Elantra(first year of newer model) and really like it. You might be able to pick one of these for less the $10,000.

Aurezalia

rosey2007 said:
I have a 2007 Hyundai Elantra(first year of newer model) and really like it. You might be able to pick one of these for less the $10,000.

Haha, I was afraid I didn't make this clear enough. I already do have a Hyundai Elantra, an '04, and while I love the sedan I need to get something bigger so I can fit at least 3 carseats. The Hyundai Elantra Touring is completely different from the Elantra sedan, just happens to share a name (I hate it when they make it confusing like that!) The Elantra Touring is a wagon, crossover type vehicle - not exactly sure how to describe it!
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/elantra-touring/

rubygirl

I have the 2010 Touring. It's a great car. Unfortunately despite what I had hoped, a LOT of car seats will NOT fit rear facing in this car. I just bought the Radian 65 and have to install it FF-ing sooner than I'd like because it simply will not fit RFing. I so wish I'd bought another Marathon, which will fit RFing.

rosey2007

That is strange because I have heard the Radians install great in Hyundai's. I guess if I decide to buy a Radian I better make sure that it installs rear facing in my 2007 Hyundai Elantra.

Yes I know that the Touring is a different type of car lol.

Maedze

I have the 2010 Touring. It's a great car. Unfortunately despite what I had hoped, a LOT of car seats will NOT fit rear facing in this car. I just bought the Radian 65 and have to install it FF-ing sooner than I'd like because it simply will not fit RFing. I so wish I'd bought another Marathon, which will fit RFing.

The Radian does fit rear facing in the Elantra.

I thought that the Touring was identical to the Elantra in terms of rear seat room, and the only difference was the trunk area?

Aurezalia

I'm confused also. The Radian installs like a dream in my Elantra sedan. The back seat can't be that different. Can it?

sirrahn

I don't really know the answer as to how much different the back seat is, but DH was recently looking at the Touring and it's my understanding that it is an Elantra in name only. It's a completely different car. From Edmunds...

"Not to be confused with the Hyundai Elantra compact sedan, the Touring should be regarded as the sedan's interesting overseas cousin. Introduced to America last year, the Elantra Touring was conceived in Hyundai's European design studio, and its origins are readily apparent. From the outside, the Touring looks more athletic, with smoother flowing shapes than the sedan. Under the sheet metal, you'll find more responsive steering and handling that provides a sportier driving experience. The cabin is also different in that it lacks the sedan's relatively upscale feel, though it's still pleasing in most respects."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC