just curious...

amy&girls

Is there anyway to take the cover off the AOE? My friend's little boy is rear-facing in it (NOT my choice of a seat) and threw up all over the cover. They can't get the cover off for anything... I think that should be a sign to trash the seat and get a better one. :D:D:D My friend says she hates the seat with a passion and wishes she would have gotten something better, and admits she fell victim to the "only seat you'll ever need!!!"

ADS

sirrahn

I have an older one ('05 DOM) so it could have changed, but the cover does come off of mine. It's not very easy though and all the padding is built into the cover so it takes days to get dry after it's washed. I actually have 2 covers (Cosco sent me one for free when my original one snagged) so I can just swap instead of needing to get it right back on.

IIRC the trickiest part is getting the main cover over the movable headrest. I think it has to be in a certain position (lined up with the slots in the shell maybe?) for it to come off.

I've really liked mine for an easy to adjust for different kids spare seat, but no, it's not one I'd want to use all the time. HTH a little!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It is NOT easy. The youngest little guy I watch has one, and one morning on the way to me he spit up all over it. I told mom to bring it in the house and I washed the cover up during the day.

One key point that I recall is that you have to take the stick out of the base, and take the base off... there's a number of little elastic loops that are around that stick that baffled me for quite some time.

Good luck to her, removing that cover is NOT for the faint of heart.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
hmmm....removing mine was simple? I already have my base off though, so maybe that's why? It's just a bunch of little elastic things.....

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
And some have or had those stupid plastic guides at all belt paths. If they are there, you pull hard and they will pop right off. Then it's easy to get it off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC