How much longer and what seat to buy?

melniemi

P1050172.jpg

12 mon, 19#s, 28"

P1050173_1.jpg

3.5, 27-28#s, 37"

I've been planning to get a MA70 for dd and passing her ma to ds. Now I'm not sure what to do. I just bought a FR80 for ds2 to use as a booster. It could be passed to dd2 - I'd ideally like to wait to turn her till next spring, she'll be 4 in Jan but we have bad winters. Any chance baby will make it that long in his KF or should I just switch them out now, getting a ma70?

If I wait, ds1 will go to a backless at nearly 11 and if ds2 still fits he could have the pw - or a backless if he's too tall, he'll be nearly 10.

So, any chance baby and dd will both last till Mar/Apr in these seats? I'm quite certain they will by weight.

Thanks for the opinions.

ADS

glockchick

They both have tons of room. I think they'll make it no problem. :)

My ds made it to 15 months in his KF and the we were in an accident and had to replace it. He could have gone longer. My nephew is still barely fitting in his KF at 20 months old.

NannyMom

I think DD will make it, but I don't know about DS. I think the MA70 is supposed to have a slightly shorter shell though.

myliljunebugs

Hmmmm....I don't think the baby will make it personally, he has room, but I wouldn't give him more than 3-6 months personally. What about a CA (did you see the new raspberry cover? :whistle: ) for DD, and pass down the MA?

melniemi

I'm concerned about baby making it too.....pretty sure dd will easily, she grows very slowly and has been 27-28#s for a year. She fit in the KF till 27 months, ds is close to her growth chart, but a little bigger.

I'm not a big fan of the CA:eek: Does the BLVD70 have a taller shell or ability to use to top of headrest or something? I had an XTSL, dd just slept awful in it, all cock-eyed and slumpy. Maybe a regular radian would work better??

And now when we left today, B asked if she could ride in S's seat....lol Hmmmm, flip her around or buy something new? I could see how long baby lasts and just flip her then maybe? If I could've scored a $50 RA50, I would use that for baby and not worry about it. The one at my local Target is still $169:rolleyes::rolleyes: I keep checking.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I don't know, I bet he'd make it. My dfd is 11mo and fits about the same in her KF. She's got oodles of room, as does your ds. One of my twins fit into the KF until he was over 2, but he's a peanut. Unfornuately, dfd has a longer torso. But I would still expect her to last a solid 6mo by height. She's 29" and almost 22lbs. Her weight gain has slowed tremendously. She's already long torso'd so I expect a lot of her growth to be in her legs. Or at least I hope so, or else she's going to look mighty funny!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC