Scenera vs. Avenue?

Chely7425

I have never actually seen an Avenue in person but my friend grabbed one on clearance at Kmart and I was wondering how it compares to the Scenera in terms of padding and size?

ADS

Maedze

The Avenue is more padded, has EPS foam, a slightly taller shell and taller top slots. As long as the baby is at least 6-9 months old, I'd say the Avenue is the better buy. (Due to high bottom slots it doesn't fit newborns).

christineka

The avenue is an inch or two taller. The lowest harness slot is 10 inches with the highest at 16 inches. It is lined with eps foam. IMO it is a bit harder to use. I find it difficult to change the route of the latch strap. The seat pretty much requires a pyramid of pool noodles for a decent recline. The scenera usually only needs one for an older baby. I think there's an inch less of leg room in the scenera and the shoulder area is smaller as well. I think it is a good seat and I'd definitely buy an avenue instead of the scenera.

Chely7425

Good to know! My younger son is currently in a Scenera (only seat I had that would fit in our 3 across) but he pretty much hates it so I was thinking of either yoinking my friends' avenue (well, paying her for it..) or driving the 45 minutes to the closest KMart to see if they had anymore... do you think it will fit in the same spot as the Scenera? Like, width wise? The child who would be using it is 25 pounds and ALMOST on the 3rd slots of the Scenera.

christineka

It depends on what space is available. In my sienna I could fit the scenera ffing in a 3 across, but not rfing. The avenue didn't come close to fitting in any direction. I think you should try your friend's and if it fits, then call kmarts to see if they have any before taking long drives.

Chely7425

I can fit the Scenera both RF and FF in my 3 across (we currently have CA FF/SR35/Scenera RF) but I should probably try hers before I drive anywhere..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC