Zellers True Fit and Scenera on sale

catchthewind

I just got our Zellers flyer in the mail and noticed a few car seats on sale. I've appreciated people posting the sales in the past so thought I'd post them. :)

Cosco Scenera $70 (reg $100)
True Fit $160 (reg $200)
Graco travel system (I'm not sure exactly which car seat) $200 (reg $270)

ADS

mamakaimon

I just got our Zellers flyer in the mail and noticed a few car seats on sale. I've appreciated people posting the sales in the past so thought I'd post them. :)

Cosco Scenera $70 (reg $100)
True Fit $160 (reg $200)
Graco travel system (I'm not sure exactly which car seat) $200 (reg $270)

:eek:

I literally JUST bought a TF from BRU for 200! (It arrived today!)

Maybe I can still return it...

Keeanh

oh does zellers only carry one colour/pattern? off to google

I don't know about other Zellers stores, but that's the only one I've ever seen in ours. TRU does take returns, either by mail or in person, on online-order items. I phoned & checked before ordering the MR sight-unseen.

mamakaimon

I don't know about other Zellers stores, but that's the only one I've ever seen in ours. TRU does take returns, either by mail or in person, on online-order items. I phoned & checked before ordering the MR sight-unseen.

yeah. I thought about it. There's a BRU right next to where I'm going tomorrow and a Zellers basically across the street. But DH doesn't think it's worth the hassle for $40... and I like the pattern we have. So I think I'll just keep it.

Keeanh

yeah. I thought about it. There's a BRU right next to where I'm going tomorrow and a Zellers basically across the street. But DH doesn't think it's worth the hassle for $40... and I like the pattern we have. So I think I'll just keep it.

My Urban Life TF (from TRU) looks great beside the black Monterey :thumbsup:.

ForeverSkye

Yeah, they only have Retro Rails at Zellers. I don't care for it either.

It isn't that bad once it is in the car - we got two (although I have replaced one with a monet) and the more I see it - the more I like it. For us the $80 (plus another $40 for opening a hsc credit care) in savings was totally worth it.

equilibrium

Catch the Wind...
we have babes in the same birth month and I have been looking for new seat to get babe out of the infant seat. I am considering the true fit and wondering if you have any more pics with the TF with receiving blankets? (lol) I know, silly question. I was considering a Radian but thinking the blankets (which we still need) might just fall out. I am on Vi (near Ladysmith) and babe has torticollis-I have to put blankets beside his head, and candy cane them sometimes as well like in your signature. Do you know how long the sale was? Where we are, we don't get the flyers to the door...and I always miss the sales! If not (pics)...no worries. Thanks!

selinajean

Catch the Wind...
we have babes in the same birth month and I have been looking for new seat to get babe out of the infant seat. I am considering the true fit and wondering if you have any more pics with the TF with receiving blankets? (lol) I know, silly question. I was considering a Radian but thinking the blankets (which we still need) might just fall out. I am on Vi (near Ladysmith) and babe has torticollis-I have to put blankets beside his head, and candy cane them sometimes as well like in your signature. Do you know how long the sale was? Where we are, we don't get the flyers to the door...and I always miss the sales! If not (pics)...no worries. Thanks!

My son is quite a bit older than yours but I just took a picture of him sleeping in the TF last night. You can see how deep the shell is from the picture. The TF does also come with an infant insert and a head hugger that you can use with smaller babies which may help.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=13859120&l=d1ad24e242&id=861050105

The sales at Zellers usually last from Friday through Thursday, just for one week. BUT they will honour the sale price for 2 weeks after that when you ask for it and give them the sale info.

geekKT

Catch the Wind...

I have an April baby, and he's on the bigger side, but are there any specific pics you want? I need to clean out my car...:whistle:

ETA: I wanted to try him without the infant padding anyway, so I snapped pics. With the infant insert and head pillow, then without the head pillow, then without either. Lots of room for blankets. PICTURES HERE Oh, and this is all without the upper headrest of the seat as he's under the height/weight and it's at the full recline.

Last edited:

April

Catchthewind's baby didn't fit well with the infant headrest. It sort of pushed her head forward, which I wasn't comfortable with. Mind you, she was only 7 weeks when I did that check so the fit could be considerably different now. Just letting you know that sometimes the infant head support works, and sometimes the receiving blankets work better. Depends on the baby's fit I think.

ETA: zellers flyers are available online.

equilibrium

Wow, thanks!

GeekKT ( I think that is how I spell!)...OMG, your lil guy is a cutie. Mine is 18 lbs and has blue eyes and blonde. Mine not quite as much hair as your LO! (lol) Yours must be round the same weight perhaps? Anyhow it looks good and spacious, and enough room to accomodate the blankets without falling out. Now, I have a silly question: the recline pic...where you can see the angle of him RF. Is that the normal RF angle? (ugh, 45 or something?) My guy tries to lift his head up a lot but I htink it would be good for when he sleeps.

ETA...duh, I reread the post and see you put him at full recline. Now, what was better for you...with infant padding or without? It doesn't look overly "pushy" as far as I can tell with his head.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the infant support. He hates them, they always push more forward for my guy and with torticollis...it's annoying for him. The blankets work much better although he can and will push them outta the way. I wonder if there is anything else that might work. He also pulls them on his face now and FF ds always tells me "it covering his face mom!!". :confused:

geekKT

That's the full recline, 45 degrees, and he's somewhere in the neighborhood of 16.5 lbs. He also tries to lift his head forward a lot lately and has great control but for now I'm leaving it at that recline. (and looking back, the seat is touching the front passenger seat in these pics because we were cleaning, it's not normally like that)

When he was first born I didn't like the little headrest pillow (what's just behind his head), it's pretty thin but still managed to push his head forward. I use it now but it doesn't give that much support. The infant insert (what's behind him and under him) I still like because it helps him not swim in the seat so much, but he's perfectly fine without it too. With the infant padding he's on the second lowest harness slot, without it I needed to drop it down to the lowest.

I think the blankets are going to be far more supportive to your little guy's head than the inserts themselves. In the first couple of pics you can see that nothing is really giving him lateral head support.

Might be worth a trip to Zellers to try it out. The techs may also have suggestions as to whether something other than blankets would work better.

catchthewind

I don't have any recent pictures of her with the blankets in. I think we took them out shortly after that picture was taken. I have a couple of pictures from the other day, that show the True Fit with no infant padding but we did try the headrest in. However, I've since taken the headrest out. As April said, it wasn't a good fit so we haven't had it in, and I tried it again for a day to see and still didn't love it. It didn't actually push her head forward any more, but because of where the harness straps come out it sat really low and just didn't do much. We took out the infant padding because the crotch buckle was getting tight with it in, and I thought the head padding might provide a little extra support.

Funny about the torticollis (not funny haha of course), we were a little worried that our baby might be getting it. She would only look one direction while being worn and was really fussy nursing on one side. It's never progressed though. She still prefers looking one direction while worn, but now I think that side of the carrier must just taste better or something. ;) There is lots of room in the True Fit to put blankets for support.

About the Radian, my older daughter didn't really have anywhere to put her head and she kept waking herself up as her head fell when she fell asleep. Then I found out you can put the infant support in as head support, and it's actually a really nice support. She tells me it's very comfy and if I've swung it out she will ask us to stick it back in for her. You can see it in the pictures too.

Both pictures were taken the same day, the first was like 7 o'clock in the morning (which is why my older daughter looks like she just woke up, she did), and the second was after my older daughter had a really minor surgery and we bought the food the doctor "prescribed". They didn't actually hold those things they're both holding for the drive, it was just for a picture.

Last edited:

equilibrium

Wow! I think we are going to try the padding for my ds who just turned 4 (for the Radian). I am excited because I roll up a blanket for him (his "pillow") lol.

Tort is sucha pain! He also looks his "comfy" way (to the right) when being worn. But, now he is trying to look left too because he is curious. I got DH to get my babyhawk on today for first time (he loved it) and I walked on his ride so babe would look left. Can't do back carries yet because of the issue (which I love wearing baby on back as I did with my first). He is also fussy at one side nursing, and such. Thank goodness it didn't really develop. Once they are mobile, helps so much that we can all be on one side and he learns to stretch it more that way (his lil muscles!).

Catchthewind...there is a new group I saw on FB "Nanaimo Baby Wearers" in case you are in the area.

Thanks very much for the pics-they help!

catchthewind

Wow! I think we are going to try the padding for my ds who just turned 4 (for the Radian). I am excited because I roll up a blanket for him (his "pillow") lol.

Tort is sucha pain! He also looks his "comfy" way (to the right) when being worn. But, now he is trying to look left too because he is curious. I got DH to get my babyhawk on today for first time (he loved it) and I walked on his ride so babe would look left. Can't do back carries yet because of the issue (which I love wearing baby on back as I did with my first). He is also fussy at one side nursing, and such. Thank goodness it didn't really develop. Once they are mobile, helps so much that we can all be on one side and he learns to stretch it more that way (his lil muscles!).

Catchthewind...there is a new group I saw on FB "Nanaimo Baby Wearers" in case you are in the area.

Thanks very much for the pics-they help!

Yeah we found that as soon as she started becoming more curious about things around her, we could get her looking the other way. I really love the pillows on the Radian, almost makes me wish I had one for DD2 too. They provide a lot of support, though only for the Radian Premier, not the XT. (Though I love the True Fit too for a variety of other reasons. She doesn't sleep in the car anyway so we haven't need anything for her so far.)

Thanks for the group link btw. I'm in Victoria, though we're considering some property up near Shawnigan. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC