What is the difference EFT, EFTA, EFTU?

MommyO

Ok, I'm looking at seats and for the life of me cannot figure out what the difference is between these 3 seats. Evenflow Triumph, Evenflow Triumph Advance and Evenflo Triumph Update. All say they are rated to 35 lbs RF and 50 lb FF. Can anyone explain?

ADS

Maedze

Evenflo Triumph was discontinued in 2007. It rear faced to 30 and forward faced to 40 pounds, and had a very short shell.

Evenflo Triumph Advance was introduced in 2007. It rear faces to 35 and forward faces to 50 pounds, and has 17" top harness position.

There is no Evenflo Triumph Update.

The newest seat is the Evenflo Triumph 65, which is very similar to the Advance except that it now rear faces to 40 pounds and forward faces to 65.

MommyO

So, I got those names (weights too) from a retailer website. Does that mean the retailer is selling the EFTA under 3 names? I don't get it.

Maedze

Could you link so I can take a look-see? It sounds like, though, the website is just badly written and designed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
All the same, different covers. I think they made up the 'Update' one, that's not an Evenflo term. A more expensive "Premier" model would have the push on LATCH connectors, but otherwise they are the same (slightly different newborn padding in some models).

Maedze

Those are all the same seat, with different trim levels (padding, cushiness, etc.), but they are mislabeled. Every one of them is the Evenflo Triumph Advance.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That website calls the Triumph Update a Triumph 5. Both are wrong.

The EFTA has four trim levels. Regular, DX, LX, and Premier. The differences are in the cover, and the Premier has alligator LATCH connectors. That's it. Same weight limits and torso height.

Wendy

MommyO

Thanks for clarifying...I thought I was losing my mind! Sometimes you just need another set of eyes.

MommyO

Just one more quick question...trim levels...just means more padding, right? (and alligator LATCH clips in the case of the premier)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Alligator clips are the nice push-on connectors that have red buttons to release them from the LATCH anchors (like the Chicco Key Fit has, or the Britax convertibles). The other seats just have the plain metal hooks (like the Snugrides or other Gracos have).

ericarizo

The Evenflo Triumph Update is really the Evenflo Triumph 65. I have called the company about this before and they were going to change it. Kmart.com has it listed as the Evenflo Triumph Update in Legacy. They also have the wrong weight info on it but Evenflo said that it is the new Triumph 65. Babiesrus has it listed as Evenflo Triumph LX and once again it is the new Triumph 65.

MommyO

Thanks for all the answers...great to know about the EFT65 and Update being the same. I was actually looking for the 65. I had called a local store last week (looking for the EFTA's at $55) and one of them said they only had the EFT65, but when I looked online I couldn't find it. That explains it probably!

I could only find 2 EFTA's at the clearance price but we need 3 seats...so I thought if we're going to spend more, we may want to look into a higher rated (weight-wise) seat.

ericarizo

The new Evenflo Triumph 65 pattern's are: Baldwin, Bardsdale, Legacy and Oh. Baldwin is in store at Kmart, Legacy is online at kmart.com, Bardsdale is at Target and Oh is at BRU. Evenflo said that they are having trouble with the people who write the info on them but these four pattern's no matter what the info says are the new Triumph 65's and they RF 5-40lbs and FF 20-65lbs.

StillThankful

Just would like to add that the EFTA65 is the same shell as the EFTA but the harness' webbing has been reconfigured to hold the heavier weight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC