Question Car wreck+Dorel booster=replace the seat?

wvmommy007

At the risk of sounding dumb, I have a car seat replacement question. I heard today that my dad and his gf were in a car wreck. Other than cuts and scrapes, they're fine. The window by my dad was broken.(passenger side front, I assume) They had gf's dd with them in some kind of Dorel harness to booster seat. They said it was a rollover, but that the car went slowly over on a gravel road, not a high speed crash at all. I'm wondering if the booster needs replaced. I kinda hope so because I wish she had a TB or something better than a Dorel anyway. I haven't talked to Dad or gf yet, and I wanted to make sure before I told them to get a new seat. Other than the window, I'm not sure about damages to the car. BTW, the last time I saw the booster it was passenger side outboard. Thanks for any advice!

ETA: What is Dorel's wording for car seat replacement after a wreck? Just wondering.

Last edited:
ADS

Mae

Dorel states that it needs to be replaced after any crash. Give me a second and I'll look up the exact wording.

wvmommy007

Dorel states that it needs to be replaced after any crash. Give me a second and I'll look up the exact wording.

Thanks! I want to have all my info ready when I talk to them. I don't know gf's dd's stats. But she's 4 and average looking to me. Does the TB generally fit most kids well? All we have is a walmart locally. Any other suggestions? My guess is any designated booster would be better than the Dorel she was in.

Mae

Ok, I have literally been trying fake Date of Manufactures (DOM's) and Model Numbers since I told you I would try to find the exact wording from the manual. I'm having absolutely no luck. Here is the website that will let you download the instructions manual, but you have to have a DOM and the model number.

wvmommy007

Thanks. I actually have a seat my aunt gave me that looks alot like the seat in question. I'll use its DOM and model number. I assume their stance on replacement is the same for all seats. Actually, if thats the case, I guess my Designer 22 manual says it too. I just wanted some confirmation on the harness to booster seats. Sorry I'm rambling. I'm a little excited that she'll be getting a better booster, and I might get to go car seat shopping with them. haha

mommyfrog

Was she still harnessed? If they want to keep her harnessed longer, have them check out the Maestro at Sears and the Nautilus. My 4 year olds are never ready to be boostered. Have fun!!

wvmommy007

Nope, she was boostered. I'm not sure what she weighs, I wish her mom would get her a Nauti. I'll mention the Maestro and see if she'd fit weight wise. She may be a bit tall for her age. I can't judge kids well. My nephews are built like tanks and my cousin's kids are a bit chunky and super skinny. I really don't know average for a 4 year old, I guess. :)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
If she's looking to keep her in a booster, then go the turbo booster route rather than the Maestro. The Turbo will fit her longer.

Most wal-marts have the Nauti, so try to at least show it to her. If her daughter is with her, play it up as a race car driver seat.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC