I feel bad about return of Decathlon

arly1983

Remember when I bought a Decathlon in a rush for 306(tax and all) at a speacialty store about a 1.5 months ago. I sent it to Britax and they said they could find nothing wrong with the harness or adjuster. So I got it back today. I am still having probems with the harness. So I called the Speacialty store I ourchased it from (Kribs and Kradles) They said they might would do a Marathon trade with me after thery called the manufacturer. I feel kinda bad because they sold it to me in good faith. But then I paid 306 and I should at least like the overpriced thing. My DH said not to feel bad because in the swap we would still be losing $40 (their MA are priced at $259). He said they will probably mark it down and put RETURNED on it and still get their moneys worth. I guess I just know the owner and feel bad for causing trouble. :(

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Arly,

I wouldn't worry about it... If the Specialty Store didn't want to take it back, then they didn't have to. But it's better for them if their customer service is good, especially with all the competitive/lower prices on the internet. So they're probably glad to keep a happy customer :)

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Well, if they said they might take it back after they called the manufacturer, they are probably calling to see if they can return it to Britax. In that case, if they take it, you shouldn't feel bad because they are getting their $$ back.

And you're right, if you paid that much for it, you deserve to like it! My Dh works in retail and you wouldn't believe the things people try to (and do) get away with. MUCH worse than returning a defective seat!

arly1983

Well, if they said they might take it back after they called the manufacturer, they are probably calling to see if they can return it to Britax. In that case, if they take it, you shouldn't feel bad because they are getting their $$ back.

And you're right, if you paid that much for it, you deserve to like it! My Dh works in retail and you wouldn't believe the things people try to (and do) get away with. MUCH worse than returning a defective seat!

Your excatly right. Thats what they did. She called back and asked what color Marathon did we want and that Britax would ship it to me once they got the old seat. They are emailing me a prepaid postage stamp. Yay Yay:D
I will be happy to never see that decathon again.

By the way we are getting an Olivia!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC