what seat is this?

rachelandtyke

whatisthis.jpg

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Looks like a Renolux. One of the kids I nannied used one. They are ancient and recalled. It only RF to 17 lbs or 6 months according the label :eek:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Something really old and nasty. Does it really only have 2 harness slots? Wow, what a horrible looking seat (although maybe not too bad for it's time)

jeminijad

Looks like a Renolux. One of the kids I nannied used one. They are ancient and recalled. It only RF to 17 lbs or 6 months according the label :eek:

Wow, RF to 17lbs? I had this crazy idea that old seats went to 20lbs.

I can think of a few 4 month olds who would have outgrown a 17lb seat.

jaded

Looks like a renolux to me too.

Is that the one that rotates on it's base? Or is that a different renolux model? It's been so long since I've seen one in person I can't tell.

jaded

Somewhere in my attic I have the instruction book for a Pride Trimble Pride Ride. it was both a 5point harness AND an overhead shield seat(like, the seat could be safely used with the shield) Anyway, it did rearface, and I think the limit on that was 17lbs too. I should go take a look for that book someday.

I rescued/owned two Pride Rides too, the top slots on them were really tall, comparable to the Marathon nowadays I think.

mommyfrog

My oldest two had that seat. I just don't remember the strap slots being so funky!! I'm sure they were though. It's just been a while and I have no pics of them in those seats. That is the stationary model, not the more expensive turning one. The turning one had a headrest I believe.

tracee877

My cousin (who is now 18) had one of the ones that turned. I think it was called the Turn-a-tot. My DS1 also had one that I got used as a baby before I knew better. I should find a pic of him in it...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC