stop gaining weight!

horseymom

I wish I could keep DS little for ever :whistle: I weighed him lastnight about an hour after supper and he was 33.2lbs. Up about 2 lbs from a month ago. He's in a 35lb TF. I know it's ok to have him FF at his weight and age but it is hard to stomach the though of having to turn him. I'd like to buy him a 40lb seat but DD needs one first she is very very close to being even with her FR top slot. I'm in the same boat with her booster vs. FRXT. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the FRXT (it scares me that she is so close to the door in my truck and I have no other seating choice for them they both have to be outboard. it's a 95 so no extra safety options) but I have yet to buy anything. Even if I did go the booster route I have no idea what to buy her that makes me feel comfortable in keeping her safe. I knew you guys would understand my feelings on this :love:
Anyone llike the TF FF? I have never installed it FF in my truck. Hopefully it takes him another year to gain 2 lbs ;)

ADS

Maedze

If she doesn't have a maturity delay, I'd move a 6 year old to a booster in a heartbeat. Why not just use the Frontier as a booster? :confused:

horseymom

If she doesn't have a maturity delay, I'd move a 6 year old to a booster in a heartbeat. Why not just use the Frontier as a booster? :confused:

I have no latch, so I'm unsure of using it. My thinking was to have her harnessed for the wintertime and go booster fulltime in the spring. (and booster train her some this summer. She'll be 6 next month.

Maedze

Do you not have it top tethered? I'd be far more worried about using a harnessed seat for a booster age child that ISN'T top tethered than about using an unLATCHed booster.

Either way, if it's not top tethered I'd recommend having the tether anchors retrofitted. I personally would not ride with her in the car again until that's addressed.

Maedze

(no "A" in tethered ;) )

If you have a top tether, why are you anxious about using it in booster mode :confused:

The way I see it, the seat has passed all required testing, including head excursion numbers, completely unLATCHed. Having it top tethered is just icing on the cake.

horseymom

(no "A" in tethered ;) )

If you have a top tether, why are you anxious about using it in booster mode :confused:

The way I see it, the seat has passed all required testing, including head excursion numbers, completely unLATCHed. Having it top tethered is just icing on the cake.

oops, I knew that lol I guess I should spell check:whistle: this is true about a top tether and I do have a SG for it too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC