OnSide Air now available!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I don't need it (meaning I could not use it, not just that I don't *need* it), but I want to go check it out. If it has Scenera-ish bottom slots (maybe even a little lower because of the padding?), at that price and with a 40# RFing limit, it would be a great infant seat alternative.

Chely7425

I wish there was some place I could see one in person!! A few people suggested it might be a good replacement for the Scenera I have in my 3 across and possibly more comfy since it looks to have more padding...

flutie128

What is the point of a seat that RF and FF to 40 pounds? I get that I could RF my DD until 40 pounds but then the seat is useless since she can only FF until 40 pounds.

It does look like a nice seat though.

NannyMom

What is the point of a seat that RF and FF to 40 pounds? I get that I could RF my DD until 40 pounds but then the seat is useless since she can only FF until 40 pounds.

If it had the height of the Avenue, and your daughter was like mine, it'd RF her to booster age ;)

Or RF to 40, then buy a new seat for FF. Swedish seats (at least some) RF to 55 and FF to 40. At least....that's what I remember reading, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ericarizo

I am wondering if the OnSide Air shell is a little taller. The Avenue is RF 5-35lbs and 19-36in. and the OnSide Air is RF 5-40lbs and 19-40in.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

What's the point of an infant seat that only RFs to 22#-35#? Or the Maestro that is outgrown as a booster right after it's outgrown as a harnessed seat? Not all seats are great multitaskers, but that doesn't make them useless.

I'm not planning to ever need a newborn seat again. But if The Powers That Be decide differently, I'd give serious thought to a smallish convertible to RF to 40# (MyRide, maybe this) and then a good combination seat. I don't like infant seats and I don't want a huge RFing convertible in my not-huge car.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
This would be perfect for my situation. If the shell height is high enough than I could get this to let dd2 ride rf longer. She has a FN80 waiting for her, so I don't need another ff seat. Then I can pass it down to dd3. 40#s is plenty for my light weight kids.

Irishmama

Does anyone know if there's EPS or EPP foam behind the head area, or is it just the air cushions on either side? I couldn't find anything on the Safety 1st website.

fyrfightermomma

For those times where it doesn't fit RFing and you have a 32 pound 2 or 3 year old and need to put it FFing. (thinking grandparents, emergency, car pools, sudden situations that come up)

Or those who have light older children. They may want to turn their 27 lb 4 year old FFing :)

And most people in the "real" world won't RF past age 2 anyways, if that, so it would be a decent FFing seat then

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC