I'd give My kingdom for a nauti without arm rests.

TheQueenMother

After an ice cream catastrophe this afternoon and due to the fact that i need to call about a problem with my radian, I changed seats today. I put dd and ds in their gns outboard in the third row of the suburban. Honestly, these seats are perfect for us. Super easy to install, etc. If only there were no armrests to make the seat more narrow.
I actually caught myself looking at the screw holes in one side to see if I could take them off before deciding that was a bad idea.
Anyone else wish this?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nautilus Lite? C'mon Graco, you know you can crank this thing out for $100 without those expensive annoying armrests and infant pads and compete with the Maestro (I know you're reading this board, Graco, please ignore the almighty retailers with their demands for armrests and cupholders and listen to the humble moms who want to buy your product for their 3-across situations).

:D

babyherder

Are the arm rests necessary on the Nauti? I haven't read the instructions so I don't know what they say. I just know that the little things under the arm rests hold the belt in booster mode and the arm rests don't have any safety features in harnessed mode (right?).

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's safest to assume that all parts of a seat are indeed necessary unless the manual clearly states otherwise.

babyherder

I wouldn't take them off unless Graco said it was ok. But I've never seen the manual so I don't know what it says. If it says nothing about the armrests I would call and ask.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My point is that unless the manual is very clear that items are optional, they are required. There is no need to call and ask if you can take parts of the carseat off. You can't.

TheQueenMother

For the record, I would not take parts of my seats without extreme approval from someone in a position of authority in the know about the specific seat. My purpose with this thread was to see if there were others who felt the seat would be perfect for more situations should the armrests be gone.
I am also tempted to take the bases off my marathons, staple the harness of my true fit in the center to keep from having to adjust it, rit dye my combi shuttle cover, and tear the knobs from my EFTA.
But since I have grown accustomed to life after wild men in fast cars, I have learned to say no to my temptations.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I know. :)

I just don't think it's an especially good idea to even suggest that parts of a carseat may not be necessary.

rachandsoph

Me,me,me....those flipping armrests are the bane of my exhistence. Seriously limits my seating options in our vehicle.

amy&girls

Yep, I hate them as well. Without them, I'd have no problem fitting a Harmony Literider, a Turbobooster and a Nautilus in the back row of my van. I can't fit 3 of ANYTHING back there when its in the third row.

Evolily

Yank the belt guides off of the Cargo, add 2.5 inches of harness height to each slot, add 2.5ish inches of shell, raise the weight limit to 65 lbs, trim down the sides (because, after all, you don't need them to position the belt), and you'll have an ideal, narrow, easily puzzled dedicated front facing harness seat for under $100.

TerisBoys

Someone needs to bring back the 5pt Futura. Seriously.

Barebones seat it may have been - but MAN was it nice for tight 3-acrosses.

tjham

Yank the belt guides off of the Cargo, add 2.5 inches of harness height to each slot, add 2.5ish inches of shell, raise the weight limit to 65 lbs, trim down the sides (because, after all, you don't need them to position the belt), and you'll have an ideal, narrow, easily puzzled dedicated front facing harness seat for under $100.

I agree! Even just the 48 lbs allowed in Canada would be an improvement. I loved that seat after I popped off the useless guides so nobody would be tempted to use them. It actually fit my short torsoed granddaughter to 40 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC