Got compliments on the Husky

Kellyr2

From a 7 yr old! :D
I was cleaning out the van and our next door neighbors were outside too, our kids were all playing together. the 7 yr old girl came over and was oohing and ahhing over the Husky, rubbing it and finally sitting in it (the seats were all out of the van) and said it was SOOOO nice. She sounded so disappointed as she said, "I wish I had a seat like this, i have to sit in my booster." That just about made my day!! Plus, later that day, Aaric mentioned how much he loves that seat. So nice, after last summer he kept bugging me about when I'd let him switch to the parkway.
THEN - I'd posted in another thread about putting Mikayla in the parkway for a couple days so I could see for myself how safely she rides in it. She rides VERY well in it because I've drilled the importance of a 5 pt harness in so much, so she thinks boosters aren't safe. Oops. Might have gone a bit overboard - but hey, it kept her safe! so anyway, yesterday afternoon, I put her MA back in. She was mad about it at first. But we just drove Aaric to school and when we got home, she sighed and said, "I'm so glad I have my seat back, I love it!" She also noticed that she couldn't see out the window as well in the PW, but can see all around in the MA. Aaric says he can see out the window fine in the PW, but he has a bigger head.

Anyone else have any stories about kids loving their seats?

ADS

Suzibeck

We don't have a Husky, but my oldest wanted one, begged for one, until she got too tall for it. My middle dd tells me now that she wants a Regent. Dh says "No way" on the giant seat, so we go with a booster after the MA is outgrown. My youngest is wanting to move to a booster now, because her best friend has. She keeps saying "I'm almost 5, I need a big girl seat." I just tell her she better start eating healthy because it ain't happening until she outgrows the MA or at least until she is 40 lbs, she is 34 lbs now.

Michi

My 7 year old son is SO jealous of his sister's Regent!
(We just got him a Monarch) Now I wish I would have gotten him a Regent, too!

mominabigtruck

My oldest has a husky in my car which he loves and when we decided last week to buy a new seat for nanni's van he wanted another "big" seat. Well I can't afford another "big" seat right now so I told him he could choose between an apex and a parkway. I was showing him the parkway on albebaby that was on sale $20 off and then he sees the cowmoo parkway and has to have that. He's been asking me all weekend where his cowmoo is, hopefully it will be here today so he can take it to nanni's tomorrow.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Well, we don't have a Regent/Husky, but Nolan loves his Marathon...! I installed it my SIL's Yukon a few weeks ago to see how it fit both RF and FF b/c they're thinking of getting one for their 3-month-old. Nolan complained, "But I LIKE my seat! I don't want it their car - put it back, Mommy." Then today, he's sick (103-degree fever, diarrhea :(), so DH and I had to play carswap. To make a long story short (which I'm not so good at), I put the MA in the Wrangler for DH to have a seat for Nolan this morning, so when we swapped off, DH tossed the MA in the minivan and I put Nolan in our Triumph (spare seat which as already installed - we were all in a hurry). He cried, "I want MY seat! Mommy, can I sit in MY seat?" How can you say 'no' to a kid that's sick and just wants "his" carseat back? So I installed the MA and then he was a little happier...

Last edited:

broken4u05

My godson always likes the seats i have for him in my car better than the one he uses. He has a high back booster and a radian in my car. but with his parents he only has a no back booster. He even asks all the time to go with me in my car

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC