Help on another site, 9mo FF...

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. Some people amaze me.

While I am sure she is joking about the "getting in an accident is dangerous," it is still ridiculous! She turned her DS FF at age 9 months because the father's car doesn't fit a RF seat? That's ridiculous. What kind of car does he drive? People have fit large RF seats (Wizard, Marathon, etc.) in tiny little cars like Porsche 911, Scion, and the Honda Fit. If you can fit a RF seat in one of those cars, you should be able to fit a RF seat in almost any car.

If DH can't fit a RF seat in his car, he should either get a different car (if possible) or not drive the child in that vehicle. That is ridiculous!!!

twokidstwodogs

I was at the gas station yesterday filling up next to another mom. She had a darling little boy, probably 12-13 months old, forward facing. I debated saying something, but didn't have the nerve. My seats were visible to her, but I didn't have the kids with me, so she couldn't actually see my tall 20 month-old RF.

But it's so hard not to say something, particularly when you're looking right at the adorable little baby who could be much safer turned the other way.

Simplysomething

I was at the gas station yesterday filling up next to another mom. She had a darling little boy, probably 12-13 months old, forward facing. I debated saying something, but didn't have the nerve. My seats were visible to her, but I didn't have the kids with me, so she couldn't actually see my tall 20 month-old RF.

But it's so hard not to say something, particularly when you're looking right at the adorable little baby who could be much safer turned the other way.

I have to say, a ff'ing baby who at least meets the minimum requirements doesn't bother me as much as one who doesn't. The kiddo in the OP does not, kwim?

chelle80

I used to be that way, and still am sometimes. But for the most part i will say something, like "you have a beautiful baby! I noticed that you have him/her in a FF, ohs,whatever seat, but did you know that they would be a lot safer in a 5point FF/RF seat?" Usually i get a good response but i have gotten a few people be rude, most say they have their kids that way because its easier for them, i just tell them "well i am glad YOUR convience is more important than your childs life, since we all know you are who matters most". Probably not the best thing to say, but she really pissed me off. I actually almost got in a fist fight over that one,lol.
I actually had someone tell me they were gonna call DHS on me for abusing Dakota by harnessing him, i said here's my cell and the number(i have it on sped dial).

chelle80

OK, so now we got a really big debate going on over there,lol!!! I need links to sites that have Michigan and New Jersey car seat laws. Espcecially any that say they HAVE to be 1 yr and 20 lbs. PLEASE!!!

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
YOu won't get any from MIchigan, it is legal to breastfeed your baby while driving the car here in good Ol MIchigan... NO rearfacing law at all... We are working on changing that this year with senate bill 82.
Jen

SPJ&E

The thread has managed to die now...no one replied after I did (I've been a member of that site for years). I posted the videos with crash test footage and some links. Hopefully she'll take it seriously.

chelle80

The thread has managed to die now...no one replied after I did (I've been a member of that site for years). I posted the videos with crash test footage and some links. Hopefully she'll take it seriously.

I noticed that, we're such thread killers,huh:p

broken4u05

well you are just trying to keep the kid safe. and someone else might of been reading and changed their mind about RF. i know i did by reading other peoples posts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC