Pleasantly Surprised

scoutingbear

A has been attending a summer day camp through our city. He is in the 1st -3rd grade group, so most of the kids are at least 6 and those that aren't will be turning 6 in the next couple of months. I am actually pleasantly surprised at pick up time how many of those kids come out from the camp building and get into booster seats (CA law is 6 years). :thumbsup: Granted, there are many NBB and plenty of kids without who should be in one, but there are a good number that are using them. (And then there are the younger siblings and the seats that they are in...but lets not go there right now!)

ADS

all together ooky

I think slowly people are getting the message. :D Kind of like using helmets when bike riding. It takes time to change the way people think. Heck, my husband just got a bike helmet.:rolleyes:

essnce629

At my son's camp they take field trips and go swimming several times a week and ride in the camp's van. My son is in the 2nd grade group (he's 6), but he's the ONLY one in his group he said that has a booster for riding in the van. All the other kids just sit on the seat. We're in CA too. He said the kids ask him all the time why he has to ride in a "carseat." :(

scoutingbear

I'm not sure how it would play out if they weren't taking a school bus to field trips. I know that where the kids store their stuff I have only seen on HBB for a kid to go home with someone else in. A will start taking his vest to camp just in case someone from his emergency list has to pick him up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC