eddie bauer rant

cryway903

I just wanted to rant to someone I knew would understand. I m watching my neighbors baby and she supplied me with his infant seat which I installed in my van. I have now taken him to town three times and I have to say I HATE that seat. It has got to be the least user friendly seat I have ever used. To start off with the crotch straps have to be puzzled together to fit into the crotch clasp. Its easier to do if the straps are loose but the way the harness adjuster/seat cover is made its almost impossible to get your finger in there to loosen the straps. So I have to puzzle two plastic pieces together and fit them into the crotch clasp at the same time on a wiggley baby. It takes me many tries to keep the pieces puzzled and multiple tries to get it to go in the clasp. It takes me a good 10 minutes just to strap him in. I cannot imagine someone with little carseat knowledge/experience trying to use this seat. I imagine 90% would leave the straps loose just so they could strap the baby in. It makes me understand more why so many babies in town have loose straps. You almost have to leave them that way to use the seat.

Last edited:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Baby Trend has those too and Eddie Bauer, is a Dorel product, the Designer 22 (Safety 1st, from Dorel) has the same thing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think most people agree they are a pain, at least some of them are way, way harder than others. Typically I just have to show a new parent how they work, and they run away fast to the seats that don't have that feature :whistle: We don't have the Designer 22 at BRU anymore, but we don't have any more puzzle buckle Dorels on the floor, not since the EB stopped being sold last year.

Of all the nightmare harness scenarios I view daily, I never see them only buckled on one side :eek:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I used one with a cousin's baby for a while. I Hated it too. I found it extrememly difficult to get latched into the base besides the puzzle buckle.
I adjusted the straps almost every time I watched her. They were always too high or too loose.

emtb79

I totally sympathize, I remember when the All in ones had those and trying to put a screaming, tantruming, stiff bodied toddler was the most fun.:rolleyes:

rosey2007

I had a BT infant seat and the puzzle thing just sucked. If you did not get it just right you had to start all over. Of course then I had to fight with the handle on the BT also because it would stick.

cryway903

I'm not using the base with this seat but I saw his mama fight with it trying to snap it to the base. The whole seat seems like a set up for misuse to me. I dont see how even an experienced parent with lots of car seat knowledge would be able to continously use this seat correctly. It is so difficult and once you add in a fussy baby and at this time of year the heat i just dont see parents using it correctly even if they knew how. I will probably wind up buying a seat for him to use when i have him if i keep watching him. In all honesty if it was my seat I would trash it. OK I might call the company and try to get them to refund my money but otherwise I would destroy it. I wouldn't wish this seat on anyone.

canadiangie

I love a puzzle buckle. It ensures that you'll get both sides done up, at least.

Wendy

No, it doesn't always. :whistle: The other day I came across a Mico with a puzzle buckle. Parents didn't know how to use it. They had taken each 'tong' and shoved a corner edge of each into the crotch buckle. When I showed them how to do it correctly they struggled to grasp the concept and because of it they loosened the harness off. Had I not cued them to re-tighten the harness after getting things buckled they would have left it loosened off. I'm sure it's being left too loose now to accomodate their hands and a wiggly baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC