Wow, OMG, YIKES, none if it captures it

steph_s

I just went up to the dollar store to grab some windex and can't stop myself from going :eek: :dizzy:

Evenflo infant seat installed center using the 2 passenger side seat belts strapped through the base. Lower latch anchors: one being used on the right top tether the other on the left top tether. Seat with the handle up the rest of the seat was braced against the front seat. No cover on the seat. Mom and dad came out holding 15 month- 2yo and plopped child into the seat, strapped him in (no clue how the straps were long enough?? perhaps they only did the chest clip or just the crotch strap??) and left. :thumbsdown:

I would have said something, but I noticed it as I was getting my kids in the car and they came out while I was still strapping mine into their seats and before I could say anything they were gone.

Ummm at least he was rear facing :rolleyes: :doh:

ADS
Today I was at the store and a couple in a van pulled up. They got out and then went to the back passenger side door and took their 1 year old(I asked) out of a backless booster seat!! When they came back they put him back in and I noticed that they put the shoulder belt behind the entire bench seat above his head!!

Mae

Today I was at the store and a couple in a van pulled up. They got out and then went to the back passenger side door and took their 1 year old(I asked) out of a backless booster seat!! When they came back they put him back in and I noticed that they put the shoulder belt behind the entire bench seat above his head!!

Probably because it ran smack across his face and hurt him! :rolleyes:

bethng

I had a family come to this weekends check up event and they had a 9mo old girl who had outgrown her infant seat. They say they have a new seat for her in the trunk. Great! I open the trunk and there is an evenflo big kids booster seat. I have no idea what they were thinking. Baby left in a rear facing scenera.

Lulu

What is it with the "Big Kids" booster? I see so many people eyeballing that seat at Target with a toddler there standing next to them. If anything it's the only appropriately named booster! Big Kids. Not small kids.

My sister once saw an infant seat rigged to be forward facing. I just think that is so shocking.

all together ooky

What is it with the "Big Kids" booster? I see so many people eyeballing that seat at Target with a toddler there standing next to them. If anything it's the only appropriately named booster! Big Kids. Not small kids.

I have read so many times how "their baby just turned one so now he gets a big kid seat!" People think their kids ARE big kids, usually before they actually are. I know when I look back at pictures from a year ago I think, "Wow, they were so little." But back then I thought they were so big.

4boysmom

I have read so many times how "their baby just turned one so now he gets a big kid seat!" People think their kids ARE big kids, usually before they actually are. I know when I look back at pictures from a year ago I think, "Wow, they were so little." But back then I thought they were so big.

yeah that :( People are in a hurry to have "big kids" and many think a big kid is a kid that doesn't have to ride in that baby bucket thing any more :( or eats solids and isn't on the breast or bottle any more.

canmom

Evenflo infant seat installed center using the 2 passenger side seat belts strapped through the base. Lower latch anchors: one being used on the right top tether the other on the left top tether.

I saw an Evenflo infant seat in the centre, with the latch connectors attached to each male end of the passenger side seat belts :thumbsup:. I spoke with the father about it, it was for a low birth weight newborn and they had bought it off of CL and if I remember correctly the seat was expired or darn close.

OddOneOut

I could go on and on about the things I have seen in the town we live in.

We were taking a walk last night and I saw a mom holding her 6-7 month old in the front seat of their truck. They were just driving around town so I am sure it was fine...

I was dropping my dd off at camp this morning and noticed a 4-5 year old jumping out of a backless booster. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things, but when I looked closer, I was pretty sure it was a Nautilus. Why would you take the harness and back off of the seat. Doesn't that pretty much defeat the purpose? You paid $150 for the thing- if they wanted a backless, they could've gotten away with $15.

Chely7425

I have seen a lot of bad stuff around here too... but it is NO surprise seeing as the one "tech" in the area (and I use that term lightly) is a complete dolt!! When we brought my 2nd son home from the hospital we had our 14 month old RF in a Roundabout and she scolded me for having him RF still because his legs were a little bent and he could smash his knee into his face and break his nose!! Yes... that was seriously her logic. She also told me I should have saved money by putting DS1 in a FF seat and giving the baby the Roundabout.. with that kind of advice it is no wonder people around here have their seats all wrong.

swtgi1982

I saw a FF convertible today at VBS when I dropped off my kids, and it was so horridly loose it was not funny, and the kid had clearly outgrown the harness by height. Did not get to say anything since I had a three yr old trying to run out into traffic.

By loose I mean the install not the harness.

Yeah, some people can be complete idiots when it comes to car seats!! And it becomes a constant cycle. The kids grow up and have kids of their own and think "Oh I was in a booster when I turned 1 and survived, so who needs a harness for my kid!!"

Chely7425

Yeah, some people can be complete idiots when it comes to car seats!! And it becomes a constant cycle. The kids grow up and have kids of their own and think "Oh I was in a booster when I turned 1 and survived, so who needs a harness for my kid!!"

That is kind of my husbands attitude... I told him I did my research and he could kiss my butt and just put the kids where I tell him to. Thankfully he is smart and listens.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC