Carseat Covers and Car Organizers?

Chely7425

I have 2 questions... not sure if this is the right place for this but it seemed like maybe it was :D

1. Are the car seat covers that just go over the top of a bucket seat ok? Like the ones that go on like a shower cap? Nothing under the baby or anything, just around the lip of the bucket? Seems like it would be nice to keep the wind and rain off a newborn...

2. Are the hanging deals that go on the back of the driver's seat safe? They have like places for cups and books and whatever else my spawn apparently NEED in the car...

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, shower cap covers are ok.

About the hanging thing. I did see a vehicle manual that said no. I believe it was a CRV.

Chely7425

Thank you! I wasn't quite as worried about the hanging storage thing... mostly about the cover :D I am due in October and our winters aren't super cold BUT they are gross and windy and super rainy so yeah... I am thinking my newborn would appreciate not getting drenched every time we go somewhere!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
My hubby's 09 Hyundai Elantra manual says not to hang things from the back of the front passenger seat. It can mess up the advanced airbag sensors.

Susan

Ali

My Mazda says not to hang anything off either front seat - due to airbag sensors.

Chely7425

I can't hang things off the passenger seat but it doesn't say anything about the driver's side so I am guessing that means it is ok?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC