Target and selling their salvage clearance items to thrift stores-found an RA50 today

jaded

I know in most areas of the country, Target sells their salvage items to Goodwill. Where I live, it's to a different thrift store chain, as there is no Goodwill here.

Anyway, I was at one of the "target salvage" stores today, to buy an iron as mine broke.

Sitting behind the counter that houses the pricier items(including other Target clearance items) was an RA50-Sutton. I had to go look at the price, $42.99, manufacture date March 2010. Checked it out, still sealed in the plastic, box still in great shape. Looks like someone probably picked it up at 49.98, and then returned it after it would've gone to salvage.

So, would this be the same thing as buying a seat at say, Tuesday Morning, Woot, or other places that sell clearance items?

Last edited:
ADS

sixmaybemore

NIB, still sealed in the plastic? IME, yes, it would be just like buying a clearance item at any of the stores you mentioned.

I know the GW in my hometown sells items that are new, nothing wrong with them, they just clearanced and didn't sell for whatever reason.

jaded

Oh, I grabbed it already. I just wanted to see what others thought. I don't even get to this chain of thrift stores very often, it was just in a convenient area for me at the time, which is why I went.

Now hopefully it works in Dh's explorer(which is the vehicle I've been looking for a 2nd convertible for) I had JUST returned an Avenue I bought for 54.99, but didn't fit in the explorer rearfacing. I'm going to check it out in the morning in his Explorer. So, with the iron, the seat, and one of those plug n play games, I spent less at the thrift store then I did on the Avenue originally.

StillThankful

I'm so happy for you. Good things happen to good people:) I haven't checked my local Goodwill lately . . .:whistle: But I cannot get a car seat:) DH would kill me:eek:

jaded

Just tried it out in the Explorer, doesn't work in the middle like I would've liked, but it does work on the passenger side. And it fits forward facing in my van( the Radian I'm currently using rearfacing in the van doesn't) so when ds outgrows the Radian rf'ing(not for awhile, he's only 23lbs, wearing 18 month clothing) he can use the RA50 in the van instead.

jaded

Oh, if I hadn't bought the seat right then, it would've been gone. 2 other people asked about it, after I had moved it to the counter and was collecting my 2 year old from the costume jewelry rack he'd decided to crawl underneath of, and get his head stuck. The bit of 2year old mischief took him a whole 2 minutes(max!) He did it while I was sealing the box back up and moving it the 6 feet to the checkout counter.

So just curious, did britax just use the plans from the Safe voyage for the RA50? And I remember reading that MA covers fit on it, right? So I could grab the denim cover off of my old expired one at MIL's, and use it as a spare?

StillThankful

And I remember reading that MA covers fit on it, right? So I could grab the denim cover off of my old expired one at MIL's, and use it as a spare?

Yes. The MA covers fit on the RA50 perfectly. Just make sure your crotch buckle is in the second position.:)

jaded

I already moved the buckle out to the second slot, after I tried DS out in it. It's crazy how high the slots are on it, DS is just under the third set of slots on his Radian(using the second set of course), and is still under the 2nd slots on the RA50.

StillThankful

I already moved the buckle out to the second slot, after I tried DS out in it. It's crazy how high the slots are on it, DS is just under the third set of slots on his Radian(using the second set of course), and is still under the 2nd slots on the RA50.

FYI. If you look at my siggy's left picture, that's DD2 in the RA50 with an MA cover on it--I purchased a used tan harness from swap:)

jaded

Oh wow! That's great finding out. And the old cover is denim, so the black harness will still work. Plus I was considering adding some embellishments to it too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC