Too Many Seats... What To Do?

Chely7425

I have too many car seats. We have 2 boys and another on the way and we have 2 Nautilus', a CA, a CCO and a SR35.... and we only have 1 vehicle AND my parents have seats at their house for the boys. I am having issues with figuring out what to keep. My oldest needs one Nautilus. I am trying to figure out fitting everything in the car as well. If I can't fit my SR35 in the car should I sell it and just use the CCO? How big of a pain in the butt is it to have a newborn in a convertible? Also, should I bother hanging on to the 2nd Nautilus for when DS2 needs it?

ADS

NVMBR02

How old are your boys, how tall are they and how much do they weigh? Also, what kind of car do you drive?

Chely7425

I drive a 2010 Jeep Liberty, though we are planning to get a minivan (probably a Sienna) in February-ish. My boys are 1 and 2, the 1 year old is RF and the 2 year old is FF, I know he could still be RF but I just flipped him around because he reached the weight limit for his seat and I can't afford a radian. My 1 year old is 32 inches (possibly a little more) and 24-25 pounds. My 2 year old is 36 inches (again, possibly a little more) and 36-ish pounds.

glockchick

I'd use the CCO for the younger one and RF the older one in the CA for now. Let the baby use the CCO when he's born and shift everyone up then.

armywife12

I drive a 2010 Jeep Liberty, though we are planning to get a minivan (probably a Sienna) in February-ish. My boys are 1 and 2, the 1 year old is RF and the 2 year old is FF, I know he could still be RF but I just flipped him around because he reached the weight limit for his seat and I can't afford a radian. My 1 year old is 32 inches (possibly a little more) and 24-25 pounds. My 2 year old is 36 inches (again, possibly a little more) and 36-ish pounds.

Why can't he RF in the CA?

Chely7425

Why can't he RF in the CA?

Because my 1 year old needs the CA. My older son is short and chunky and my younger son is tall and thinner. My older son also has all his height in his leg as opposed to my younger son which is in his torso. My older son was RF in a Roundabout because he still had shell room but he got too heavy. My younger son hasn't fit in the Roundabout for a month or 2. So yeah... we flipped him around. My younger son is also too tall for the CCO, because I had thought about doing that combo as well...

Chely7425

So just keep all of them? Keep the 2nd Nautilus for when we flip my 2nd son around... even though it will be at least a year? If I am using the CCO keep the bucket for our next baby even though it will probably be about 2 years?

Chely7425

I think I would sell a kidney for a van at this point... this Liberty is a pain in my butt!! No matter who I put where and in what seat its going to be annoying. Getting any of them into the center is going to suck!

Chely7425

I wish we had just sucked it up and gotten one instead of buying the stupid jeep... obviously my planning ahead abilities could use some work!

Jennifer mom to my 7

If your are really contemplating all this, I would sell 1 nautilus, buy another CA on sale, and rear face both for now. Did you sell the roundabout? or did it expire. And, are you sure your younger son outgrew it rear facing? Did you measure the 1 inch perpendicular to the seat, and not parallel to the ground?

Chely7425

I sold my Roundabout to a friend, and yes I am sure he outgrew it height wise. He has a crazy long torso. I think I figured out set up that works with a Scenera, the SR35 and the CA. It should work until we can get a van. I am going to return the CCO just because we could really use the money for other baby things we need. The seats puzzle well with the CA FF, the Scenera RF, and of the SR35 RF. We can't RF 3 seats because then DH can't drive the car, on top of the fact that they don't puzzle well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC