Hubby spots way outgrown car seat!

wvmommy007

Today at a gas station, my husband made me so proud.

We pulled up by an old truck with a girl in a car seat inside. My husband says "I don't think that's the right seat for that kid..." I look to see a girl, probably about 5, guessing maybe 50 lbs., comparing her mentally to my friend's DD. She is sitting FF in a Scenera with no cover on it. She's harnessed into it but her ears were about 4 inches above the top of the shell. The top slots had to be about shoulder blade level on her back. She looked squeezed into it, and I don't see how the harness even fit around her with her height and weight. I couldn't stop staring at the poor kid. She was with her grandpa, I'm assuming. He looked like he would not take well to some helpful advice, so I said nothing.

Sad as that made me to see her, I am still so proud of Hubby. He listens to my ramblings afterall. Any sentence that starts with "I was reading on car-seat.org..." gets an eyeroll from him, but he's been listening anyway. I even suggested his dad drive our DD to his house today, after I install her seat for him of course, but he said no. Not just anyone drives his baby around. I am sooo proud! :love:

ADS

MomToEliEm

Glad to hear your DH is actually listening and learning about carseats, even if he might not always show it.

I have seen some really outgrown seats here and it is sad seeing those kids squished in those seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC