Nurses at Saint Vincent in Jacksonvill, Fl

armywife12

Does anyone know how the OB nurses are at this hospital when it comes to car seat information? I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd ask just in case. My cousin is on bed rest at this hospital with identical twins that will be born on July 28th (at 34 wks) if they don't try to come earlier. We bought her 2 Keyfit 30s that she has now found out don't fit in her Kolcraft double stroller. I even asked before getting the seats if she tried them in this stroller and they said they did (ugh!). Anywho, instead of getting a new stroller, they want to get new car seats and I tried telling them that there will only be a few that will properly fit them since they'll be on the smaller side (even though they'll be at least 5.5lbs before being discharged). Her mom was telling me that they know all of this and that the nurses will check the babies to make sure they fit in their seats yada yada. We all know that most nurses don't know much about car seat safety and many times babies leave the hospital improperly harnessed and such. I'm REALLY hoping these nurses know what they are talking about because they don't seem to care to take my advice (since their nurses know it all apparently). Does anyone know if there is a tech that works there or a tech in Jacksonville that I can recommend to her? This is someone who has already vocalized, when she was about 3 months pregnant, that she was not going to ERF and that she has never done it with any of her "children" (she's a social worker). HELP!!!

ADS

cookie123

I can't answer your question. Where I work, nurses who are techs do the car seat tests and they are from pulmonary diagnostics. In my experience, they pay more attention to the passing of the test than they do the proper fit of the seat. Very occasionally they'll suggest another seat.

For instance, they told a family to get an Embrace, which isn't even in available in the stores around here anymore. But it's the seat they use to test the kids if parents haven't brought a seat.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Did she actually put the 2 keyfits in the stroller? I know technically, kolcraft says only 1 keyfit fits, but I have heard of mommas unofficially fitting 2 keyfits.

armywife12

Did she actually put the 2 keyfits in the stroller? I know technically, kolcraft says only 1 keyfit fits, but I have heard of mommas unofficially fitting 2 keyfits.

Her husband probably did since she is on bed rest in the hospital right now. I know they thought that both would work but told me that only one fit at a time, not both at the same time. I think it would be easier for them just to return the darn stroller than return both seats, especially since I can't find the reciepts for either seat and would have to look it up through my bank statement (huge hassle for me). Both would fit in the new Chicco together double stroller

Jennifer mom to my 7

I was just going to say they should get the chicco together instead! Then, later, when they aren't planning on taking the infant seats out of the car all the time, and if they want the rear facing capability, they could sell the together to fund a better reversible seat double stroller (which are very hard to come by in a tandem...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC