The infamous Nauti head slump

glockchick

She has it. :thumbsdown:

We took a trip today and she would have slept on the way back, but her head kept falling and waking her up. :(

I asked her if she wanted me to get her a different seat that will hold her head up and she said "No. I like the cupholder." Gotta love a 4 year old's priorities. lol :D

Is there a way to fix it? The recline block is in the middle because that's how it installs the best in my car.

ADS

Kaede's_Mom

I never could figure out a way to get rid of the slump issues, even at a full recline. I finally ended up getting my DD a Frontier and she is much better in it.

armywife12

We are never able to fix the head slump either and it is always installed in full recline mode (the little bit it is actually used lol). I hate the seat for this very purpose.

littleangelfire

Well, it's a pretty big price jump from the nautilus, unless you're quick about it and use coupons and bing cashback before it ends at the end of this month at diapers.com - I paid $166, but the Frontier 85 has her desired cupholders and we've never had head slump issues.

glockchick

Wow. Would you mind telling me how you managed that? Best I can do is 20% off. My older daughter wants one too and if I could get it own to that, I could afford both. :)

littleangelfire

Check out this thread here , post #4 talks about how someone else did it, I pretty much did the same. It was several months ago, I'm not positive the Parents magazine rebate is still available or not. Bing cashback can only be done through the end of July though, and then they're ending the program. I'm sure the 20THANKS code from hipmonkey is expired, but just find any site that carries the Frontier 85 and has a coupon code for 10%, 15%, or 20% off. Then you email diapers.com to get a price match (or you can call, directions for either are on the diapers.com site) and they'll either put the item in your cart for the amount from the other site, or credit your account the difference so it becomes the same as the other site.

Add in some other diapers.com coupon codes, usually at least one that requires a diaper purchase - I got pampers premie swaddlers that was like $5, and the coupon was for $10 off a diaper purchase, so $5 off the total, and there's some referral codes flying around here somewhere. Get everything in your cart, but just to make sure you get your bing cashback, open the bing cashback site and click through to diapers.com through it. Sounds complicated, but well worth it for the savings, and mine went off without a hitch.

IF you don't want to mess with all that and don't need the extra harness height, you could scour different sites or swap on here and see if anyone has an original Frontier for sale.

littleangelfire

oops - you're right. And I should've remembered that - seems diapers.com sent an email saying they'd stop participating at the end of June, I think. Sorry. I forgot.

sign up for FatWallet - you get 6% cashback at diapers.com on car seats and other gear. 4% less than what Bing was offering, but still good.

emandbri

Elizabeth has head slump too but she stays asleep. It doesn't bother her she still says her "pink seat" is her favorite, I don't know if it is because it is pink or because it is forward facing.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What position in the vehicle is she in? I have 2 Frontier 85's in my Sub and if you are wanting it in the middle of your 3rd row (and 2nd row for that matter), it won't work. At least not in my 2000. We also have (and like) the Evenflo Maestro, but it doesn't work in ANY 3rd row seating position in my sub.

Just an FYI. ;)

glockchick

What position in the vehicle is she in? I have 2 Frontier 85's in my Sub and if you are wanting it in the middle of your 3rd row (and 2nd row for that matter), it won't work. At least not in my 2000. We also have (and like) the Evenflo Maestro, but it doesn't work in ANY 3rd row seating position in my sub.

Just an FYI. ;)

Lol! Of course. Me and my troublesome truck. I suppose we'll deal with the head slump then.

I wondered if it would work but figured I'd just drag Laurie over here again to try it. ;)

So the Maestro doesn't work either. Bummer. Do you know if the CA LX would? I could move Kaleigh to that and let Abigail use the Nautilus since she's much less likely to sleep.

I'll probably just let her Keep it and deal with. She doesn't sleep in the car very often anyway.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When my youngest had head slump while climbing on a plane we were on, I rolled a diaper next to her head which propped it enough to stop the head falling forward and waking her. Maybe the solution is similar? Get a small something (maybe a folded recieving blanket or even sweater) and wedge it between kid and headwings, so head is firmly supported in place?

glockchick

I'll try that next time. Maybe a little pillow she can use when she gets tired. She's in the 3rd row with the oldest kids. Like I said, she won't be sleeping often in it. I'll try not to worry about it. ;)

glockchick

What about the new Recaro combo seat? ProSport, I think it's called?

But it doesn't have a CUP HOLDER in the ProSport!!! Oh the horror!! ;)

Dd is all about the cup holder. She loves the Nauti and says she'd rather keep it head slump and all because of that dang cup holder. :rolleyes: And the pink flowers of course.

I'd rather have a seat she gets in willingly than one I have to fight her in so I guess we'll deal. :)

hsjwmom

Ah, yes. The cupholder. Mine haven't ever had one that was usable, so they don't know what they're missing out on, lol.

3acorns4Christy

My DS has a bit of slump as well, but he isn't willing to give up on the cup holder at all. Or the cubbies, because in other seats he might sit on the planes instead of them in their spot.

Heather86

Connor has a bit of head slump but he usually puts his blankie next to his face and it seems to keep his head back pretty well. We are having a between car issue because of that cup holder. He doesn't want to ride in the ma any more because "where do I put my stuff":rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC