Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kohls

Re: Kohls

Quote Originally Posted by Callansmomma View Post
    I have their card. It is nice to get the coupons. I am able to find cheap, trendy items there. I've only been able to find the underwear my husband likes at Kohl's. I only wish they had a better Little Boys (5-8) section. It is really tiny and has mostly things I wouldn't put on him. Last fall I did find a couple of cute Jumping Beans outfits for about $10 with my coupon.
    I agree. Im not in love with their boys section.. before I knew how to "shop" kohls... I was very not happy with their section.. I always thought their pj's were over priced... now that Im better at finding the deals, its OK.. but not great.

i feel like a lot of the clothes are too.. youngish? like, more for toddlers.. or they are too sports themed, like always NIKE or CHAPS, which are pricey.

i love their kitchen, baby, womens pj's, accessories (home and girlie) sections the most. Mens I do ok with finding some ties or polo's on sale.. my bro isnt very picky. lol. if its clean, and in his closet and matches easily with khakis? he is all set. lol
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Where do you sign up for $10 coupons? I have a Kohl's card, and I get mail & e-mail from them, but I don't remember ever seeing $10 off. Today I got an envelop from them and got my hopes up, but it was 20% off.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Where do you sign up for $10 coupons? I have a Kohl's card, and I get mail & e-mail from them, but I don't remember ever seeing $10 off. Today I got an envelop from them and got my hopes up, but it was 20% off.
    At customer service they generally have a tear off pad - if you give your email they will email you a $10 coupon. Sometimes it's a $10, sometimes its a $5. And then they often run the Kohl's cash where when you spend $50, you get $10 in Kohl's cash. Sometimes I'll randomly get a $10 coupon in the mail from Kohl's or Discover in conjunction with Kohl's. HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post
    Is going online any help at getting an idea for pricing in store or not really?
    In my area, its usually cheaper in store than online. Some items are online only though. My nearest Kohls in in the factory outlet mall so it makes more sense for me to go to the store too rather than buy enough for free shipping. Kohls sell Carters clearance cheaper than Carters outlet very often. Their boy's Chaps and Arrow clothes get marked down alot too.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bp2002 View Post
    yup, i agree with you too. I firmly believe "shopping for free" takes ALOT of time. I did not do it until I was hurt at work and had all this free time on my hands.. I decided to make up for my lack of income by learning to be a couponer. For moms with kids, and jobs and all that? holy cow, I dont know if i'd have the time to do what I do now to save money!

but hey, even if you just pick up a few tips on how to save some mula, my.. goal is complete I like spreading the knowledge I've learned!
    I completely agree! I just find it frustrating that Kohl's marks up their prices to mark them down, especially when I first tried shopping there and didn't know how things worked. But if you take the time to figure things out, especially with the help of others who have figured it out, you can get some great deals.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the tips and deals I've found on here in general and for Kohl's. I should have included that in my response because I really do. For example, I don't live close enough to a store to visit Kohl's often enough to know when they are having a great clearance event, but I might hear about it here and then get there in time to get some great stuff. It's a big help.

Athena- glad you are getting some tips that are useful to you!

I got an kohls ad in my newspaper today.. previewing the sale that starts tomorrow and goes through the 21st and 24th. (I dont have it in front of me at the moment..)..

just a few quick things I saw- the big ones bathtowels- on sale for 3.99.. using $5 coupons, buy a towel and a $0.99 greeting card per transaction, paying nothing!

(my family is in the middle of buying a new house, so I'm excited to be able to put some new towels in my new bathroom, for free!)

I really have NO idea how I get the $10 gc.. I'm not sure you'd get them if you have the CC. I have simply no idea.. if I knew, I'd share (especially with my mom! lol).. I have found the more I use get them and actually use them, the more I seem to get in the mail.
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny

BP--How much do you spend annually there? It could be that you are a VIP member or whatever the designation is?
    Last year we went to Kohl's for Black Friday. Paid $500 at the register (for merchandise that was around $800 or more before sales), but after rebates and Kohl's cash, we wound up paying only $186 out of pocket for the merchandise. But because we charged $600/year on one card, DH's card is now a VIP membership. He gets more coupons, discounts, and stuff because of it.

Could that be why you keep getting the gcs?
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

I dont personally have a kohls CC, my mom does. If I use a card, I use hers.. but the GC come to ME at my condo... not my mom at her house.. so I have no clue..

we might have a vip CC.. dont know.. We used to charge a lot more than we do now.. but overall, still a good amount in the course of a year I'm sure..
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny