My heart literally just broke...

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'm having a yard sale today, so all types of people have come by. The worst was a beat up old Ford Taurus. Grandma and Grandpa get out...along with a 15mo old little toe head....from the front seat....he did have a seat in the back, but he was sitting next to 'pawpaw'. When they went to leave....the baby was DRIVING THE CAR. I kid you not...standing in grandpa's lap...steering the car as they drove down the road. :eek::(

There were other bad ones...3-4yr old in the front seat with no seat. After-market infant seat cover....etc...but the toddler driving just about pushed me over the edge.

ADS

smileybrea

CPS Technician
That's really sad and I think I would've said something. Since it was illegal, I would've gotten license plate numbers and called the police :( It's so sad to see things like that...

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The grandparents probably don't think its a big deal, they probably did it with their kids. I remember my dad letting us do it when we were younger, not that young though! I won't do it with my kids, things have changed so much and people never think that an accident will happen to them

christineka

There's a family at church that does that regularly. They have four kids. 3 sit in the back and the other drives while sitting on their father's lap.

Today I was at the store and a couple in a van pulled up. They got out and then went to the back passenger side door and took their :crying: 1 year old(I asked) out of a backless booster seat!! :eek: When they came back they put him back in and I noticed that they put the shoulder belt behind the entire bench seat above his head!! :jaw:

Kaede's_Mom

I hate our Town! Seriously?!
Not the first time I have seen something like this where we live :(

P.S. Wish I knew you were have a sale LOL

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
You called the police, right ?

Nope. I don't live in the city limits. Would of had to call highway patrol and they likely wouldn't have gone looking for them anyways. And I didn't have my phone on me or get their plate number. I was just in shock.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC