Serenade

kaleigh71

Added a new question in post 13 about harness adjusters...

Please tell me it isn't the end of the world if I don't get this seat sold and end up using it for the next baby. I *do not* want to use it, but I've been trying to sell it for a few months now with no luck. Even at almost 1/2 what it costs new, and it IS new. I won it from Evenflo. DH would be pretty ticked if I buy another with this one sitting here.

Tell me those SureLatch things are safe, that the harness adjuster thingies are safe. I think those are my biggest issues, and I just don't know why.

Or, please send *sell that seat* vibes, lol. Honestly, it is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
It is not the end of the world! I am a fan of Sure Latch. I've only used it 1 or 2 times but liked it both times. Evenflo does not have a great reputation with it's infant seats but this seat does not seem at all bad to me. I'd use it.

EAT - are you talking about the red tabs on the harness adjuster? The seat has the same mechanism of raising and lowering the harness and it is safe. It's nice because you always have the harness right where you want as it's an infinite harness adjuster.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Can you clarify WHY these features concern you? :confused:

The SURE LATCH "thingies" are sooo slick: attach, push, DONE! [Besides, you can use the seat belt and bypass LATCH all together.]

The only negative I've heard about the harness adjuster is that the red tabs irritate some kids' necks (which is solved by a collar on a shirt or a thin baby sock cut to slip over the harness tab).

The concern I DO have with an Evenflo infant seat is the handle position. (Some of their IOs must have the handle down when traveling.) The handle adds a couple inches to the length of the carseat making it incompatible with some vehicles (usually a compact car and/or the driver/passenger are tall and need the seat pushed back) because you can't get the seat installed and still have space between the vehicle seat and the CR.

Then I have two concerns with bucket seats in general: 1) Is the seat approved for a tiny baby (<5 lbs) if needed? 2) Can the harness height & crotch depth be adjusted small enough to fit a newborn correctly?

If fit (in vehicle / for baby) are not concerns, I don't see any reason to NOT use a brand new seat. Not to mention the price is right. ;)

HTH

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Supposedly the handle on the Serenade is closer to the seat so having to have it back is not a huge deal. I seem to recall the lowest setting being low but am not 100% sure.

I'd use the seat. It's free. It's a nice seat with nice features.

kaleigh71

I guess I am a little more leery of there being too much "mechanical" stuff that could fail with the SureLatch, but I am guessing it has been out long enough that it may be tried and true. The harness adjusters just seemed like it would be too easy to make them move accidentally, but maybe I just didn't play with the seat long enough.

Honestly, I guess there isn't really a VALID reason for my concerns, and I know that, I just need people in the know to remind me that these things work and have worked. Space isn't an issue, and yes, the handle does sit pretty close to the seat when down.

Don't mind me...just over-analyzing things as usual...:whistle:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Sure LATCH has been around and has been tested. It is safe. The infinite harness adjuster has been around even longer and it is safe as well. Don't stress. It's a nice seat and it's free!!!!

amy&girls

is the infinite harness adjuster the same one thats on the EFTA? B/c if it is, I've never had an issue with that, and my daughter has been riding in it for almost a year.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
If you really want to sell it I'm sending along good selling vibes! But if it doesn't sell it is a nice safe seat, I think Evenflo actually did a good job with this one. I personally love the idea of the surelatch, I wish I would have a chance to play with it.

kaleigh71

Thank you, ladies!

If I hadn't just taken the unoccupied captain's chair out of the van I was going to try to install it just to see how it fits. I will do that once our other sliding door is fixed on Monday and I can put the seat back in.

Mags462

It looks like a very nice seat to me :shrug-shoulders: I would use it in a heartbeat if i needed an infant seat and it was free!

kaleigh71

Are the harness adjusters supposed to move freely up and down the seat? I can move them up and down with no effort at all. What keeps them in place with an infant, just the tension from having the harness at the proper tension for the child?

Upon reading the manual I notice that it says 6 year expiration, but the seat is stamped "expires 12 12 2017" which is actually just shy 8 years from the mfg. date of 12-14-2009. The manual needs updating.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC