Which seat/seats to sell?

featherhead

DH wants me to sell at least one of my carseats. I have 4, and only 2 kids. Here's what I have right now...

Radian 65 - 30/65 about 5 years left
EFTA - 30/47 just less than 5 years left
Radian XTSL - 45/65, not sure how much time left, at least 7 years I'm sure
MyRide 65 - 40/65, probably about 5 years left

DD1 is 28ish lbs, DD2 is 25ish lbs. DD1 will be rear-facing for at least another year. I really like all my seats, and it's making it hard to decide. The RN65 was my first convertible (for my own kid anyway), so I've always loved that seat. The EFTA I didn't like for a while, because the buckle angled back so sharply and dug into my LO's tummy. It fits much better now though. I also really like it for forward-facing. The XTSL, well I just bought that one, can't sell it yet, lol. Plus I need to have two seats that rear-face to at least 40 lbs. And the MyRide, well, Kezi will need that once she hits 30 lbs, plus I would love to use it with a newbie someday:)

One thought I had last night was to sell the old Radian and the EFTA, and then buy a new seat :whistle: I was thinking about an EFTA65 if they in fact come to Canada with the same limits. Then all my seats would work for rear-facing for both my kids. I'd also love to try a Complete Air sometime, but I'm not sure. I really do not like the continuous harness.

So, can someone please help me decide?

ADS

StillThankful

I would sell one of the 30# Rfing seats.:twocents: Most likely the EFTA since it has the lowest FF weight as well--especially since you love your Radian. I regretted giving away DD1's first car seat (Titan) b/c it had sentimental value but I didn't need it at the time and gave it to someone who did--so that makes me feel better.

Angela

I would sell one of the 30# Rfing seats.:twocents: Most likely the EFTA since it has the lowest FF weight as well--especially since you love your Radian. I regretted giving away DD1's first car seat (Titan) b/c it had sentimental value but I didn't need it at the time and gave it to someone who did--so that makes me feel better.

:yeahthat:

featherhead

Only 4 seats for 2 kids and DH wants out to sell? That is crazy!

I know, why doesn't he understand?! LOL

So I almost had it figured out. I need to be able to do a 3 across cause I babysit my nephew every other week or so (and in fall I might have to drive him to school). I didn't think the EFTA would work in a 3-across, I had tried some previously. But I tried it again today, and it did work! But it just made my decision even harder. I asked my SIL if she was interested in buying one of my seats. If she is, I'll let her pick between the three (I will not sell the XTSL). If not I might just list all three online and see which one (or two) sells.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC