Question Evenflo directions

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Wandered through the TRU car seat aisle and spent a few minutes looking at the Evenflo Momentum 65. [IMO, it's hard to distinguish between it and the Triumph 65.]

Anyway, I hadn't seen the seat so I pulled the directions and was shocked to read among the warnings something to the effect of: The headrest in front of the child should be at it's lowest position and free of any hard objects.

At first I thought they were talking about a RF child, but no. So, if I'm a tall driver or passenger and install the seat behind me, I can't/shouldn't adjust the headrest for optimum protection for me? :eek:

And, I guess you gotta toss the portable DVD players, too. :whistle:

(Didn't have my phone to get the exact quote and Evenflo wants an model # to get to their on line manuals).

Did I fail reading comp or can some one clarify?

Last edited:
ADS

Angela

I can't clarify it much, but you did cause me to check my EFTA manual to make sure it didn't say the same thing... nope... just states that it should be in the lowest position rear-facing. It will be interesting to see if that really is the case. I hope someone can chime in about it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Symphony65 has the headrest warning.

Titan, Triumph, Tribute all do not.

I think it has something to do with the higher weight limit and heas excursion (50-65 lbs).

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Symphony65 has the headrest warning.

Titan, Triumph, Tribute all do not.

I think it has something to do with the higher weight limit and heads excursion (50-65 lbs).

I figured that it was probably a concern about head excursion, but talk about a HUGE contradiction between vehicle and car seat instructions in terms of best practice for folks in the front seat.

According to Evenflo, I'm NOT supposed to adjust the headrest to provide maximum safety and protection of front seat heads/necks. So the toddler survives a severe crash w/o injury but the adult caregiver is a quad. . . or worse. . .? I don't want to make that choice as a tall driver/caregiver. I'm not looking forward to having that discussion with a parent at a check event either.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I totally agree with you, don't get me wrong! I read it to Gabe and he was not happy at all! Good thing I don't own one.

featherhead

Just wanted to bump this up, because I received my Triumph 65 today. The warning about the headrest in front of the child is for REAR-facing only. So when the child is rear-facing the headrest of the seat they are on should be at it's lowest position. It also mentions that the surface of the seat should be soft, and free of hard objects (something like that).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC