Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Regent buckles not clicking consistently.....

I have noticed since the beginning that the Regent buckles aren't always clicking. I have two Regents and I just installed the second one yesterday so I wanted to check out the 'click' on that seat too.

I noticed the same phenomenon on the second Regent but here's where it gets wierd. I notice on one of the Regents if I buckle the left half first then I get a click on both halves, and on the other Regent if I buckle the right half in first then I get a solid click on both halves, BUT, if I do the reverse on each seat buckle then I only get a click for the second half of the buckle. Is this making sense?

why is this and does this mean the seat isn't safely buckled if I don't buckle in each buckle half in the 'correct' order?

Jen

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

Re: Regent buckles not clicking consistently.....

The belt only 'clicks' on the second one. I posted about the same thing.

No clicking on the first, a conformation click on the second.

oh, wild. I can get two clicks depending on the order I buckle them though. Glad to know it's ok and not an issue. I wish the manual would say that somewhere.

thanks for your response, I guess I didn't look far enough back on the pages.

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

oh believe me i was puzzled by it also.

ALL of my other carseats (non Britax) both click on each insertion.

First britax puzzled me.

hehe

CPS Advocate

on my husky I can hear a faint scrape of the metal when I insert them that sounds like a click, then when I insert the 2nd(and final) one I hear the loud affirmative click.
    On my regent though... I need to take it out and wash it and see if it has factory grease in it or something because Im hearing the faint scraping but no affirmative click at all. It comes and goes, sometimes it clicks and sometimes it doesnt. Definitely something wrong with this one lol!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.