Are the Radian red colors all the same? Also, difference between XT an XTSL?

lovinwaves

My kids want two "new" red Radians. Is the "Rio" and "Nitro" red the same color?

I don't need the SL option because it won't work in my car or DH's car, so what other differences are there between the XTSL and the XT?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
M, I could be completely wrong, but I believe Rio and Nitro are the same color. I also believe that the only difference between the SL and non-SL (other than the SL, of course) is that the SL seats RF to 45 pounds.

lovinwaves

So do they just not make the XT anymore? That would be my cheapest option, right? Buying a used one of course.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's my understanding. SKJP stopped making the non-SL seats. If you can find some red XTs, go for it! Your kids will probably outgrow them LONG before they expire, even if they have an older DOM. :)

You *might* be able to find some new XTs (closeouts). Maybe. It would be hard, but it might be possible. Maybe.

canadiangie

All in the eye of the beholder of course, but to me Rio is a slightly deeper shade of red, Nitro is a slightly brighter shade of red. We're talking slight here. Very slight. Both are mesh, and each would blend quite nicely next to eachother should that have to occur.

amyd

All in the eye of the beholder of course, but to me Rio is a slightly deeper shade of red, Nitro is a slightly brighter shade of red. We're talking slight here. Very slight. Both are mesh, and each would blend quite nicely next to eachother should that have to occur.

This. I had both at one point and Nitro is a bit brighter. I can't remember exactly but I'm not sure if Rio has the gray microfiber trim or just the black velvet. Nitro has the gray.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC