When was your baby big enough for a Marathon

ninejr

Bekah is 5 months old right now. We are planning to move her up to her Marathon at 6 months (we have a trip then and will be using the Marathon for travel). Anyway I am starting to wonder if she will have reached the bottom slots on the Marathon by then.
At what age did your baby finally grow enought to fit into a Marathon?

ADS

NVMBR02

I am not sure about my oldest but my ds was about 7 months. He was a pretty tall boy but had an average size torso. DD2 is small and has a ways to go at 10.5 months.

rachelandtyke

My DS was able to finally fit in the Boulevard at 7 months. Not sure if it's lowest setting is the same as the Marathon lowest harness height or not, but I think they are comparable. He's on the small side.

Joyofbirth

It's really a try and see thing. My dd3 fit in it at 6 weeks. I didn't try her before that. My first went into at 6 months, didn't try before that and my second dd went into one at 4 months, also didn't try sooner. But I hear a lot of kiddos don't fit until well over a year.

seamonkeys

DD was finally at the bottom slots around 8 mths. I'd say DS1 was probably the same. Not sure about DS2, but I moved him to a BV at 9 mths.

DahliaRW

I didn't have the MA when my oldest moved to a convertible, but if I had to guess I'd say at least by 2 months. My younger ds fit by a month. Dd *might* fit now, I haven't tried her, but it woudl be barely (she's 12 months).

amyd

We moved DS from the Snugride to the MA at 5 months. He was well over the bottom slots. I think he would have fit much sooner but we didn't try. Now at almost 27 months he's on the 4th slot RFing in a Radian.

tweetykl

DS was forced to be in a decathalon with infant insert at 3 months. He outgrew the snugride 22 at that point. DD would have been at 2 months but luckily we got the Safeseat.

Pixels

13 months for my daughter (wearing 12 month size clothes). She outgrew all 22 pound seats pretty much simultaneously with when she grew into a Britax.

There were two other 13 month old girls at BRU the day I tried DD, and they both were *just* fitting, as well.

armywife12

We didn't get the Marathon until Caleb was 5.5 months old and he fit fine in it. He was above the second slots at 11 months old so his torso was on the longer side. My guess would be that he would have fit in the Marathon quite some time before 5 months old.

all together ooky

I don't know with DD1. I switched her to it when she was 6 months and she fit well (she had outgrown her 20lb snugride). DD2 is one of the very rare babies that fit at birth (she was huge (10lbs and 22inches with a long torso). I didn't use it though until she was about 3 months because DD1 was still using it.

Both my girls have long torsos and shorter legs.

essnce629

We bought a RA50 last month when DS2 was 12 months old and he fit fine and his shoulders were about an inch or even a little more over the first slots. I'm sure he would have fit at 6 months but he does have a long torso.

aeormsby

We got our MA when DD was 4 months old. She was probably right around the bottom slots (slightly longer torso & cloth diaper). At the time Britax still allowed the shoulders to be up to an inch below the lowest slot.

djma

DD will be a year on the 21st and she still does not fit. She doesn't have far to go, but the straps are still above her shoulders.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC