True Fit bent Tether anchor

petriescz

We have an almost brand new True Fit. I have been using it RF and decided to install it FF for my other son and noticed that part of the tether anchor is bent. The silver part of the tether anchor is bent like it may have been crushed or something. I don't know how or when this happened since it's only been installed a few weeks and it's clipped onto the back of the seat. I called Learning Curve and she said she would send me some attachment that would hold it in place. I was not sure if that would solve the problem or if she really understood the problem but said okay. So tonight in the mail I got this little black plastic thingy with no directions. It looks like it should attach onto the tether somehow. Anyone seen one of these or know how to use one? I am going to call them in the am but was hoping to use the seat tomorrow. Do you know if the whole anchor can be replaced or if the seat needs to be returned. Diapers.com said they could do nothing for me and told me to call the manufacturer.

ADS

Mae

I'm not sure what piece they sent you, could you by chance snap a picture of it? Sadly, this is a quite common problem. A lot of members here have reported it happening to them.

Fortunately, you can fix it yourself! You just have to bend the "wrongly bent" metal piece back to where it should be, using something like a screw driver.

If you Click Here, you can see an excellent play-by-play of how to fix it. :)

Let us know if there's any problems with getting it back.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They sent me the black plastic piece as well, although I never opened the package as the instructions they emailed me (as linked to in the post prior to this) worked fine for fixing my issue so I never needed the plastic piece. Although we needed to use a large diameter screw driver and have my husband pull up hard on it, my little twiggy arms couldn't get it back into place. :ROTFLMAO:

Although, you said yours looks like it's crushed, so it sound like it might be a different issue. Did you send Learning Curve a picture? If not, they may have just assumed it was the same "out of place" issue everyone else is having. Can you post a pic here if it's not the same issue as shown in the link above?

Last edited:

Mae

The silver part of the tether anchor is bent like it may have been crushed or something.

Does it look like that first picture in the link in my earlier post?

And yes, like Techno said, a few of us members have had to have our husbands/boyfriends do it for us, and use a bigger screwdriver.

petriescz

Now I am not sure if it looked like that originally. We tried to bend it back into place so now it's just bent. I'll have my husband try to bend it back into place and see if I can figure out the plastic thingy. I guess if you can get it latched onto the anchor and have it closed the tension from the strap should keep it in place even if it's not perfect. Correct? I'm really just annoyed to have bought a seat and have it not be in perfect working order. We can probably use it almost entirely rear facing for it's life span so it shouldn't be a problem anyway but wanted to use it for an extra for family in town and needed it FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC