Minor Panic - Britax Frontier - adjustment and wrong seat???

ACK!!! I FINALLY convinced DH to let me buy new seats! (YAY!) ... so I got a Monterey and a Britax Frontier 85 ... I'm TOTALLY confused about the harness height ... it can't be adjusted??? Or am I confused? I bought it because I thought it would fit a 6yo boy longer because he can't sit properly in a booster.

So ... I am running out the door ... but if hubby finds out that I messed this up I am going to be in deep doo-doo! (Ok, maybe only mild, but still!)

Did I get the wrong seat? Am I confused? Can I adjust the harness height? PLEASE SAVE ME AND THIS SEAT :D

ADS

Maedze

Of course the harness height can be adjusted. There are, I believe, nine separate height adjustments.

It's always wise to read the manual of the child restraint before making assumptions.

Wow. Thanks for assuming I didn't read the manual :whistle:

On page 55 "Securing your child" it only explains how to adjust how "big" the harness can be ... not how to adjust the height.

When I look on the back of the seat it says "Head rest adjustment is for booster mode only" and "Only adjust the head rest once the harness restraint has been removed. Remove screw to adjust head restraint"

SO ... I am thinking it's ridiculous that I wouldn't be able to adjust the height of the harness, but I don't see any explanation of how to do it. I just got the seat moments ago and am rushing out the door to teach a class at the gym so I did only scan the Table of Contents and look at the pages that seemed like they would offer any usable explanation. :eek:

Pixels

The section that explains harness height adjustment is on page 16, but really you should read it cover to cover before using it.

OF COURSE I am going to read the manual before using it! :rolleyes:

Excuse my panic when the stickers on the back say "DO NOT ADJUST" ... see, I READ those things and pay attention to them!!!! THAT'S why I was confused!!!!

So the harness CAN be adjusted with the bar on the back along those notches and the part of the headrest that it's referring to when it says "do not adjust" is a different part??? Makes sense. Like I said, it seemed ridiculous that you wouldn't be able to adjust it, I was just confused because the stickers say not to adjust the head rest!

(AND I need to know how it works before hubby gets home ... and he will be getting home the same time as me ... so now I know! :) )

tracee877

The head rest adjusts up and down using the bar above the slots, you pull up on it and slide it up or down. The part you are reading on the seat is for booster mode only. That part of the head rest moves up even more after the screw is removed. HTH!

littleangelfire

Yeah, they were being quite literal: you can not adjust literally the headrest in harness mode. But there is a level on the seat back, below the headrest that you can adjust.

Here's a pic of the back of the Frontier 85 and the old Frontier from the car-seat.org review a few months back. I believe the 85 is on the left, I circled the harness adjuster in green:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC