Recaro ProSport pics and comparison pics-Pic heavy

fyrfightermomma

I really like it. THe fabric is strange. Not like any of their other fuzzy plush fabrics. I don't even know how to describe it. Kinda nylon, kinda denimy feeling.

I got about 16.25 for my YS and about 18" even for top harness position. I haven't read yet how it raises for booster mode. My YS the headrest just keeps going up and it's marked for booster use. This one has 4 harness positions and I am not sure how to keep raising it for booster use

It has 4 harness "slots" vs 3 on the YS. 3 crotch positions vs 1 on the YS. A lot more harness length (i think, I haven't put a child in it yet)

it is definately taller and maybe even broader and wider than the YS. It feels the same weight.

It has these weird safeguard LATCH connector things. Some other seat had those but I can't remember what. They force the connectors to go straight out instead of upwards making tightening a little harder. It did take longer to install than the YS. It appears the belt path is the same (although marked red now) as the YS. It has a decent recline, more so than the YS and it hangs off the front of the seat a little so I think I need to unrecline it

I love it so far. We'll see how E feels about it! :p

We are going on vacation tomorrow and are not home tonight so no more pics till Monday. Sorry!!!
100_3230.jpg

100_3231.jpg

100_3232.jpg

100_3233.jpg

100_3234.jpg

100_3235.jpg

100_3236.jpg

100_3237.jpg

appears the same depth as the YS
100_3238.jpg

100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

100_3244.jpg

Weird LATCH connectors
100_3243.jpg

100_3241.jpg

100_3242.jpg

ADS

christineka

Looks like a nice seat that is comparable to the britax frontier. I like it. And now I want one, though I will never need one. I am set for car seats as long as I don't have any more kids.

all together ooky

I'm really, really liking the looks of this seat. How is the cusioning on the seat/back? (My DD doesn't like her Vivo beacuse it's hard).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Awesome! I am really hoping that will squeeze into my car with a Radian and Coccoro! I looks HUGE!

fyrfightermomma

To me, it seems a little wider at the shoulders, but not a huge amount

Also from the manual-top tether but not LATCH can be used in booster mode

The belt CANNOT be locked while using booster mode

This was kinda weird (pg 23)

If the child's ears are ABOVE the top edge of the hear restraint when in the highest position do not use in harness mode. It is important if any portion of the child's head exceeds the top of the child restraint, there must be a vehicle headrest support

So it sounds like your child's ears can be above the top as long as their is support behind it :confused: But they just said not to use it, then the next sentence they say if there is head support

Also, where I ordered it from said it was in stock when I ordered it and would be shipped same day. I ordered 6/30 but the seat was made 7/2 so they are full of it :p

Also, it says to replace if in a "severe" crash

Then it says in another section if occupied during a crash it should be replaced (no severe specified)

Then it says if not occupied in booster mode during a crash with no airbag deployment, it can be reused.

Confusion anyone?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I just got home from looking at one! I read through the manual and could not find a way to raise the headrest past where the top slots were. Maybe there is a way but in my short time at the baby store, I didn't see one.

I like the seat!

Jennifer mom to my 7

The latch is the non sided safeguard latch that britax switched to I think, so you don't have to change the latch connectors to "this side up".

hsjwmom

Wow, that is a nice seat! I wish it had been available when dd2 had outgrown the MA. It would have been perfect for her. Instead, she's using the Regent until I figure out what booster to buy her.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am working with a 60+ lb 3 year old that is outgrowning the nauti. This seat looks like it may work for him!

armywife12

Looks like a really nice seat!! Can't wait to find one in person to play with it. Hopefully someone will carry one here in Savannah. With the Frontier and Frontier 85 I have for my still RF 34.5 month old, I don't think I'll ever have an excuse to get one though :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC