Cosco Scenera Question

U

Unregistered

I have read a lot of threads where some of you have recommended the Cosco Scenera as an inexpensive seat for travel.

We have two Britax Boulevards in our van. But my 2 1/2 y.o. twins and I will be flying next month by ourselves. I don't think I can manage the BLVDs and the boys all by myself plus the last time we flew we had a hard time getting them in/out of the seat.

Anyway, I've been looking and am finding the Scenera Touriva and the Scenera Versa Fit. Are they the same thing? Different? If different, which one is the recommend one?

Plus, other than cost, is there a reason you recommend the Scenera? Does it have a good safety record? I have the Britax because they are the best but I can't afford to buy two Roundabouts or whatever just for this flight.

Thanks!

ADS

Dillipop

The scenera versa fit is the overhead shield version. Run far away from that one! You want the scenera that has a five point harness like your blvds. Walmart has a black and tan version for 39, target has a blue one for 49 and kmart has a brown one for 49. HTH

jennsmile

It is lightweight and easy to use. However if your twins are tall they may not fit. my 2 yo is just barely under the top harness. So be sure to test them in the seat before buying especially if they are in the 90% for height.

Jenn

Dillipop

If they don't fit height wise in the scenera, the graco cargos with front adjust are a great travel seat, too. THey will run you about $70 for the least expensive front adjust and are light weight and easy to install in a variety of vehicles. Plus they have 17 inch top slots and a 40 pound limit versus 15 inch top slots and a 40 pound limit.

trailrunnermom

Re: Safety -- all carseats meet Federal Safety regulations, so the Scenera is a safe seat (the 5-point harness model, not the overhead shield model...for some reason they're still making OHS seats even though they're not recommended.) In the case of air travel, the lightweight plastic frame is a big plus. :)

My 2 yr 5 mo old great-niece is 32-33 lbs and still rides RF in our Scenera. See pic at http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/trailrunnermom/?action=view&current=000_0176.jpg

She might not have quite as much room at the top when she's FF because she'll be sitting up straighter, but I think it will take her to 40 lbs. (Although if I were using this seat on a plane, I would just use it FF to make installation easier.)

Since the Sceneras are inexpensive, they would make good back-up seats if needed, or you could pass them on or sell them later.

I think it's great that you're putting them in car seats on the plane! They will be safer, will probably sleep better, and maybe you'll get a few minutes to rest, too. :)

Last edited:

CountyMounty

The Scenera is the new version of the Touriva. At a couple of our Walmarts I have seen the sale sticker still said Touriva but the seats they had were actually the Scenera's.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC