Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OnSide Air Convertible Car Seat and RumiAir

Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: OnSide Air Convertible Car Seat and RumiAir

Dang, I am out of rep.

Yep. The onside will be available mid July. (I think at kmart, walmart, and brus.) The rumi and boost air will be available mid August at brus.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

I love the onside! and I haven't even seen it. Even if the same size as the avenue, that means it is the same size as the current marathon, so will last a long time rf, with the 40 pound limit, at under 100$.
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Carseat Crazy

Wait, is that correct about the onSide convertible seat-- it rear-faces to 40lbs and forward-faces to 40lbs?!?! Why on earth would you chose that over the Complete Air convertible seat?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner (11 yrs old, 102lbs, 61" tall, adult seat belt)
    Parker (6 yrs old, 49lbs, 49" tall, FR90 and FR85)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Wait, is that correct about the onSide convertible seat-- it rear-faces to 40lbs and forward-faces to 40lbs?!?! Why on earth would you chose that over the Complete Air convertible seat?
    I was just coming to ask this...that doesn't make any sense at all.

DS just outgrew the Scenera RF by height (by weight long ago). So now at 40lb he'd not only flip forward but in a different seat as well?
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Hmm, look at how close together the harness straps are on the RumiAir, that might be uncomfortable around the neck!
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKaykes View Post

DS just outgrew the Scenera RF by height (by weight long ago). So now at 40lb he'd not only flip forward but in a different seat as well?
    Because it only costs $100 (on sale probably down to $80) whereas the cheapest version of the complete air costs $180.

I think it's awesome. Makes ERF more affordable- I think it will be the most affordable ERFing seat on the market.

What I would *love* is if they made the bottom harness slots as low as the sceneras, then it could be a seat that lasts from birth to 4ish.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Ok, um, gag! The onSide and Rumi are the ugliest seats I've seen in a long time. I hope I'm missing something in the online translation.

Carseat Crazy

Onside isn't so bad, but I agree that the Rümi is the ugliest carseat on the market. It might just be my hatred of white plastic talking (I REALLY hate it--want to trade in my laundry basket for a new one because it's white plastic and I find white plastic is CONSISTENTLY HIDEOUS IN EVERYTHING) but it's HIDEOUS.

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKaykes View Post

Wait, his torso is short enough to "just" fit in the scenera by height rear facing? That means he could get 2 more years rf in the Avenue, which I "think" is the same height as the new onside air. Ah, okay, he just hit 40, too. But, he is 4.5! Get a maestro now (in general for a kid like yours) and get another year harnessed, then a good high back (after an avenue, I am talking. after a scenera, 3 years harnessed).

Oh, and my 3.5 year old might fit rf in the onside, or the avenue at least (STILL need those comparisons) but is over 35 pounds. torso about 15-15.5. 21 month old is close to the same torso, at 26 pounds.

Ahhh, someone get comparison pics, please
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

I'll say it again (I think I've mentioned it in the other two or three threads already)... if you look closely the shell resembles the Scenera more than the Avenue, so I'm guessing it will be the same size as the Scenera.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

14. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer mom to my 7 View Post
    Wait, his torso is short enough to "just" fit in the scenera by height rear facing? That means he could get 2 more years rf in the Avenue, which I "think" is the same height as the new onside air. Ah, okay, he just hit 40, too. But, he is 4.5! Get a maestro now (in general for a kid like yours) and get another year harnessed, then a good high back (after an avenue, I am talking. after a scenera, 3 years harnessed).

Oh, and my 3.5 year old might fit rf in the onside, or the avenue at least (STILL need those comparisons) but is over 35 pounds. torso about 15-15.5. 21 month old is close to the same torso, at 26 pounds.

Ahhh, someone get comparison pics, please
    Yes, short torso + peanut head = good car seat kid. He's all legs. He will only be harnessed through Kindy, though - maybe next summer depending on his weight.

Yes, the Rumi is a horrid-looking seat, it's like the Nautilus of the 80s! But I just realized it has a no-rethread harness and TWELVE harness positions (hello Frontier, nice to meet you ).

I like this page with all the Air products: http://airprotect.safety1st.com/carseats.php

I'm getting my bff an onBoard 35 Air for her baby due in Sept. I can't wait to play with it with and actual newborn!
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Because a lot of people who don't do their research are still not looking at seats for their RF capability. There are lots of tiny 1 year olds riding forward facing in their brand new My Ride or Complete Air seats, because they look like nice comfy safe seats, not because they RF to 40 pounds.
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

Carseat Crazy

Anyone know what the maximum harness height is on the Rumi? I wouldn't even care that it's hideous.

That booster looks gigantic. Maybe it's the angle it was photographed at, but it appears to be for the bigger kid set.
    Me & DH FF'ing in seatbelts
    DS 6/04 in a PWSG HBB
    DS 09/10 ERF in RA50

CPS Technician

lol, I agree!! The Rumi Air (and what kind of name is that anyway) is really really ugly!!!!!
    Tanya

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
    Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster

Quote Originally Posted by featherhead View Post
    I'll say it again (I think I've mentioned it in the other two or three threads already)... if you look closely the shell resembles the Scenera more than the Avenue, so I'm guessing it will be the same size as the Scenera.
    SOmeone (maybe you?) linked to a picture of the Cancadian Scenera, and it looked ALOT like the onSide.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

It looks like the convertible has a lot of leg room for rf! And holy head wings on that booster!

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    SOmeone (maybe you?) linked to a picture of the Cancadian Scenera, and it looked ALOT like the onSide.
    Yeah, it was me. That was the Canadian Tire Scenera.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

The Rumi looks like an airplane seat, coach even

The OnSide reminds me more of the scenera. And as far as RF to 40 and FF to 40, why not? DD just recently out grew the scenera by hieght RF and she does have a peanut torso, 13". She is only 34# so she could FF another year in it. I think it is good affordable choice and looks more comfortable than the Scenera.

The booster looks like it has HUGE head wings. I have enough trouble keeping DD1's head in the Monterey. That ne is not gonna happen.
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/