Three across problem

tl01

Right now I have a Frontier, FFing Radian and a KF in my car. Yesterday, I tested the RA50 in place of the KF. The RA did not fit next to the Radian. I am planning to use the RA in my husband's car. I was planning to get one of the new britax seats for my car. Given the situation I'm worried that only another Radian will work. Any other ideas on to get another three across set up? DS is 9 weeks and has plenty of space in the KF but he hates it. I need to keep my frontier in the equation.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can you put the Frontier in the middle? Or rearrange the seats some other way?

My only other suggestion (strange though this sounds) is a MR; I don't think it puzzles as well with a FF RN as it does a RF one, but it may be worth a look-see.

Could you turn your existing RN RF, and put a Maestro in its place?

tl01

My only other suggestion (strange though this sounds) is a MR; I don't think it puzzles as well with a FF RN as it does a RF one, but it may be worth a look-see.

I can't RF my RN. It's my neighbors seat and she insists her son FF. Her son turns 4 this weekend though he weighs about 30 lbs. I wish she'd have him RF but it won't ever happen:(.

I'm going to try the Frontier in the middle... we'll see what happens. I'm headed out to arrange the seats now.

tl01

Duh! I just remembered why that won't work. The Frontier can't go in the middle bc we only have a TV screen on the right side outboard seat in the car. He gets to watch movies occasionally and I really don't want to be moving the seat for those occasions.

We have a new Frontier as well... Was there any change to the shell that might make it better in a puzzle situation. I've never compared them that closely. Maybe I'll get it out of DH's car to see.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd definitely try Frontier in the middle. Radians and Britaxes facing opposite directions don't play well together. There are other options than another Radian though-- a Dorel seat (Avenue, Complete Air, maybe even one of the new ones) would probably play better with the Radian than a Britax. Worth a try.

my2kidsSafe

do you keep the radian in your car all the time. Can you put your son in the radian when you don't have the neighbors son if he wants to watch movies.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Could you put the older boys in the third row and then keep on side of the middle row flipped down for them to get in and out?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't RF my RN. It's my neighbors seat and she insists her son FF. Her son turns 4 this weekend though he weighs about 30 lbs. I wish she'd have him RF but it won't ever happen:(.

I'm going to try the Frontier in the middle... we'll see what happens. I'm headed out to arrange the seats now.

Ah, okay, for some reason I assumed that it was any seat available for any child. If the RN is the neighbors, then nevermind. (And at almost 4, it wouldn't be worth a RF fight for me. Although, to be honest, I am not afraid to use the 'this is the only way the seats fit in my car' argument... I RF'd a 6yo over spring break because it was the only way to fit the kids!)

What about the RN outboard, and the RF seat in the middle? I know it would be pain to put the baby center, but it might make all of the seats fit.

If both you and neighbor are okay with it, Frontier center and RN outboard, with your DS occupying the RN when he wants to watch a movie, sounds like a viable option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC