05 Sienna questions

pj2rc

My 05 Sienna says the 2nd row seats need to be reclined to the 5th recline and 3rd row to the 11th. I find this to be a pain because he clicks are so small and the seat tends to either skip ahead or pull back to the previous -- I do it several times and end up w/ different results each time! So, I did some looking here on a thread search and some people said you only had to worry about the 5th/11th on LATCH installs? I just looked through my manual -- and I guess I see it, only because the only type of installs they even discuss are latch and top tethers -- it doesn't say anything about seatbelt installs. So, I just want to clarify ----- seatbelt installs it does not matter which click the seats are at --- just use my own judgement? ---- also -- while searching, found some people said you cannot drive w/ the 2nd seats folded down if there are passengers in the 3rd row. I looked through my manual -- says not to travel w/ the 2nd rows fully tumbled and just the strap holding it-- which makes sense. For the seat folded - it says not to use the table when the car is in motion --- makes sense because there would be flying objects on the table. But it doesn't say you can't keep the seat down. It does say when you fold the seat down, the rear legs disengage automatically and you have to lift and push the rear legs back in. .... I just want to clarify- because when DD1 starts to booster train, I may keep the booster in the 3rd row next to her current seat, but would like to keep the 2nd row seat folded so I can see her in the mirror.

ADS

christineka

I read that the only reason for putting the seat back back with latch is so that the latch anchors will be visible. I am therefore not worried about how many clicks back my seats are.

pj2rc

thanks. Any input on the 2nd row captain folded down, not tumbled, while driving -- as long as all the legs are engaged?

DahliaRW

I read that the only reason for putting the seat back back with latch is so that the latch anchors will be visible. I am therefore not worried about how many clicks back my seats are.

I'm going to disagree. At least on newer models, the latch anchors are clearly visible on the chairs and rear bench even when fully upright.

DahliaRW

thanks. Any input on the 2nd row captain folded down, not tumbled, while driving -- as long as all the legs are engaged?

From what I've read that is fine. It just says not to drive with them tumbled (rear legs not engaged) when there are other passengers in the rear.

Mags462

To be frank and honest i have no idea how many clicks my seat backs are.... they are not upright, but after 20mins of fiddling w/ it i just reclined them a bit in the second row and even more recline in the 3rd row. I am not a tech, and i really did try, but i'll be darned if there is any clicking ;) My captains chair is installed w/ latch, and one seat on my 3rd row is latch the other is sb. My latch anchors are AWESOME - they stick out perfectly and are by far the easiest to access of any car/van i have come across, so i don't think the reason for the seat backs are the latch anchors. In fact it makes no sense to me why they are supposed to be that way. My manual has pictures in it - so i eyeballed the recline and matched it as best i could. Probably not the best technical answer, but i am 100% confident w/ my installs. :)

As for the seats i always assumed as long as the legs were engaged you were good to go. I actually took one of my captains chairs out. It's sitting in my closet - it's just so much easier to get the kids in/out now because i have tons of floor space to crawl around in. I looked in my manual and it's about as clear as mud.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC