Arrangment thoughts please..

Mommy2Marcus

So with my IL's having both of my nephews full time now, I have offered to take the boys some to help them. I will need to find a way to be able to take them all to the park safely on nice days. The problem runs in that I only have a lap belt in the center & no car seat installs well there. Also there is no room for a 3rd seat back there after 2 seats are installed. I have at my disposal to try an Evenflo Triumph Advance, Nautilus Elite & a Generations 65. Right now I have the Nautilus & Gen65 installed back there, both outboard. There is maybe 6-8 inches between the 2.

So, I got to thinking about maybe having to putt one up front just for the short ride to the park. I know that this should be the oldest harnessed child, but I am thinking it should probably be my child who is the youngest, but I know that I am the only person who truely cares in the end about the safety aspect in all this. I also only have 2 tether anchors in the back, both outboard. So that leads to which seat to put up front & which seats to put where in the back.

The boys are 6, 4 & 3 years 9 months. The 6 & 4 year olds normally ride in backless boosters. I plan to harness the 4 year old & let the 6 year old ride in his booster. He fits pretty well in it now, so I am less concerned about him in it then the 4 year old.

I was thinking to put the Nautilus in the front seat with it pushed all the way back with Marcus in it. Then put the 4 year old in the Gen65 in harness mode & top tethered. Then to put the 6 year old in his backless booster behind me. That would put them all in safely right? or at least as safe as possible. I was thinking I remembered the Nautilus doing well untethered, am I remembering correctly?? Is there a better idea I am missing? Should I put the 4 year old front seat in the Nautilus or Marcus?

For reference I drive a 1997 Subaru Impreza. It does have a passenger air bag hince moving the front seat all the way back. Also for putting the harnessed & tethered seat behind the passenger versus the booster rider. So....would this work?

ADS

NVMBR02

I'd put the oldest harnessed rider in the front if you have to.

Is there a big enough gap and/or a skinny enough kid to fit in the middle using a RSTV?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, there is a 3 month difference between the youngest harnessed rider and the oldest harnessed rider? I am with you. Use the nauti, and put your child in the front.

Mommy2Marcus

I'd put the oldest harnessed rider in the front if you have to.

Is there a big enough gap and/or a skinny enough kid to fit in the middle using a RSTV?

I am not sure, but I don't think so. Even if there was, I really do not have the money to spend on a RSTV right now. There is not a large gap at all. However I might be able to give myself a little more workable room. I am going to try to get the Nautilus & the Gen65 to install next to each other, but I am douting I can b/c I have never been able to get a seat installed center back seat of my car.

So, there is a 3 month difference between the youngest harnessed rider and the oldest harnessed rider? I am with you. Use the nauti, and put your child in the front.

There is actually a 5 month age difference between the 2 with Marcus being the younger one. So basically yes, not alot of difference in the age of the youngest & oldest harnessed rider. The 4 year old turned 4 middle of May & Marcus will be 4 first of October. I think I would feel better putting Marcus there versus someone else's child. Although both of them ride in the front with my MIL when she has them.

In theary I could harness all of them. I could then put my 6 year old nephew in the front seat harnessed in the Nautilus, Marcus in the Gen65 & my 4 year old nephew in the EFTA. Or I could use the Nautilus or the Gen 65 as a booster for my 6 year old nephew versus his backless. :dizzy: Now my head is spinning. LOL.

Mommy2Marcus

No one else has any thoughts on this?? I was thinking I may try & take them all to the park tomorrow after I get off work for a little while. Is no one saying anything b/c they think it is not safe enough? Anyone else??

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I think any of the options you have would work.

It is possible to get 3 across your Impreza (ours is a 98 and I have 3 seats in there all the time) but not with the seats you have.

For harnessed seats, I've fit 2 plus a booster or 1 harnessed and 2 boosters (no Radians, I don't have that much $$).

amy&girls

I think a three across would work, but not with the seats you have. would it be possible to just use the seats they are used to and put the nautilus in the middle seat with the two boosters on the sides? I have a nautilus and an EFTA and NOTHING fits in the middle of them, not even a person, LOL!

Mommy2Marcus

I think any of the options you have would work.

It is possible to get 3 across your Impreza (ours is a 98 and I have 3 seats in there all the time) but not with the seats you have.

For harnessed seats, I've fit 2 plus a booster or 1 harnessed and 2 boosters (no Radians, I don't have that much $$).

I really have no money to purchase any other seats at the moment. I wish I did. Maybe I will play around a little more with a middle install. I really would like them all in the back seat. But I have never been able to get a middle install to work before.

I think a three across would work, but not with the seats you have. would it be possible to just use the seats they are used to and put the nautilus in the middle seat with the two boosters on the sides? I have a nautilus and an EFTA and NOTHING fits in the middle of them, not even a person, LOL!

I could use the seats that they're used to. However I really really do not like the idea of the 4 year old in the backless booster. He is SO hyper & wiggly that I know he does not sit properly like he should. I think I am going to try the Nautilus in the center & the Gen65 outboard. Maybe I can get that to work. Maybe I will go try that in a few.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC